Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kallen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3 Roundabouts Reply with quote

I have just received and installed destinator 3.0.75. I am extremely new to ipaq's and gps. I had it on today while I drove from home to work (High Wycombe to Hayes). This trip involved many roundabouts which the software coped with no problem's. Also the recalculate route seemd to work as well. I know one journey is not an exhaustive test, but the problems menitioned in the review would appear to have been solved.

Excellent website some very good reviews of both gps hardware & software It helped me a lot with my decision making.

Thanks

If destinator 3 is now fixed does this mean it will go back to 90% rating?
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Kallen where did you get hold of version 3.0.75? Wink
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version sounds like it has fixed the roundabout problem - but the PowerLOC website only mentions version 3.0.64 is down loadable. I wonder what else is available - export/import of POI?

Has anyone seen the new Europe website for D3?

http://www.destinatoreurope.com/en/index.php?id=00
kallen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Destinator 3.0.75 Reply with quote

Quote:
Hiya Kallen where did you get hold of version 3.0.75

Hi Typhoon29

I ordererd a gps bundle from

globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

The version of Destinator 3 was 3.0.75

Hope that helps
rento
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kallen

So is it finally fixed the problem?

how are you finding the maps and poi? Are they precise and up-to-date?

Thanks
kallen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: RABs Reply with quote

I far as I can tell the roundabout problems is fixed in the version of Destinator that I am running. The only slight problem I had was when a RAB was two miles away, Audio would say 3 miles but visual would display 2 miles. I managed to fix this by editing an ini file(they seem to have a number missing).

I only really use GPS to navigate from A to B so have not had to use POI's much but when I have they seem to be fairly uptodate, i.e petrol garages. I have also loaded the Gatso camera in as favorites this seems to work (although since I have done this D3 take longer to start).

I hope this answers some of your questions
alessio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Destinator 3 Roundabouts (3.0.75) still with issues! Reply with quote

Dear Experts,

I would like to ask for your help as I need to find some answers ASAP. I recently bought a Fortuna Clip-On which came with Xtrac 2.02 and a 30 days Destinator Trial (3.0.75). I experience the following issues:

-Fortuna Clip-On reports year 2024 from time to time (only in ST mode), which in turns screws up my 30 days trial. Does anyone know why is this happening?

-This is very very weird!!! I do a route calculation form point A (my house) to point B and destinator comes up quick with the best route (the one I drive). Then I do another route calculation between the same point A (my house) and a point C located 2 or miles away from point B (B and C are on the same street, 30 miles far away diagonally from my house). Destinator comes up with a totally different route (far longer than the first one). The settings are the same in both cases (quickest one, NMEA....).
Now a weirder one. I sit right next to my window (inside my house) where I can get a very good signal from Fortuna Clip-On (it gets satellites very quick and also keep them). As I watch my PDA screen and watch the initial bad route (form point A to point C) destinator suddenly comes up by itself with a route recalculation and this time is the right one...But then wait it does it again and this time is a good enough one...I thought they fixed the roundabout issues?!

Please help me understanding why do I have this issues.

Thanks you so much in advance!
AlessioCesar
kallen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fortuna clip-on as does one of my friends neither he or I have suffered any of the problems you report. I would contact fortuna and see if they have had any other reports of year change issues, it could be that the fortuna has a problem, that could account for the recalculation even when you are stationary.
Nothing in your post suggests a roundabout issue(the roundabout issue was that destinator did not recognise roundabouts), Destinator3 3.0.75_81 seems to work well(I have had no problems with it).

First of all I would try another GPS receiver, if that is not possible contact fortuna or the supplier of your receiver and get a replacement.

I hope this helps and works for you.
peeved
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: RABs Reply with quote

kallen wrote:
The only slight problem I had was when a RAB was two miles away, Audio would say 3 miles but visual would display 2 miles. I managed to fix this by editing an ini file(they seem to have a number missing).

Hello Kallen,

I have just noticed your posting concerning Roundabout distances, my Destinator suffers from the same problem. Would you be so kind as to point out to me the .ini file you altered please?

Regards Paul
kallen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Fixing Roundabout distance issues Reply with quote

Destinator reports RABS at 3 miles when they are really at 2 miles the way to fix this is:-

1. locate the DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf file on your PDA
2. Copy the file to *.oldinf
3. Copy the file to your PC and open it with notepad
4. Near the end of the file you will see a line starting with

::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit;3;UNITS

5. This line needs to be changed to:-

::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,circle;EXIT_NUMBER;exit;3*2;UNITS

i.e just add a *2 after the 3

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE ON THE LINE

6.Save the file and move it back to the IPAQ(I think I did this with the skin designer I downloaded from Destinator, you can probably just copy it.

Now when approaching a RAB it should reoprt that it is at two miles instead of three. I hope this has helped to solve your problem.

If you somehow mess up the editing of the file you can revert back to the copy you made in step 2. It is always a good idea to take a copy of a file before you change it.

kallen
peeved
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Fixing Roundabout distance issues Reply with quote

kallen wrote:
Destinator reports RABS at 3 miles when they are really at 2 miles the way to fix this is:-

Thank you very much Kallen

Paul
Fifer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using 3.0.75 and there are still a few odd quirks with Roundabouts. I deviated from my route last night and Destinator tried to get me back on route by going all the way round a roundabout. The voice instruction was correct ("4th exit") but the visual indicator showed a left turn (first exit). I've also noted a few roundabouts (Melville Lodges A92 Northbound for example) where the voice instruction is correct ("second exit" for straight ahead but the visual indicator shows a right turn (third exit). I've noticed similar effects with other roundabouts too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: