Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received a reply from my contact at PowerLOC saying that the PowerLOC Management Team are aware of the roundabout concerns for European and UK users and are currently coming up with a solution to rectify this problem that satisfies all parties and will let me know as soon as this plan has been finalised.

Like I've said previously in this thread, the fix is available as I have tested it, it's just logistics on when PowerLOC release the fix and whether it's via a website or CD update. The fix is long overdue and really should be released ASAP and not given another two weeks.
zipper9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: the fix Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
is the fix a patch based or a bundle of cd's ?

Izhak
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully both.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: UPDATE from PowerLOC! Reply with quote

Since we ran the Destinator 3 news article on February 19th, a number of other sources have also published our news article verbatim to their websites and in their newsletters, one major source I am told is NavTech and as you can imagine this has gained velocity quite quickly. I sent an email copy of the news article to PowerLOC and have received a welcoming response back from Moise Benedid (Sr VP Operations, PowerLOC Technologies).

PowerLOC welcome the input from PocketGPSWorld.com and Destinator users in our forums and have tried to be upfront and honest with regards to the early information regarding the fix. However due to other issues that have been highlighted both in our forums and from D3 users, PowerLOC have chosen to try and avoid confusing people with a flurry of patches by releasing a single update. This update will be released the first week of March by CD which will include an improved map data and program update and also fix some problems with routing speed, re-routing time & speed, and routing accuracy as well as the roundabout fix. Customers who do have high speed internet access will be able to download these updates from the Destinator community with detailed instructions on how to download the upgrade. PowerLOC are also addressing another issue with routing to Outlook contacts list and occasional program freezes that some users have experienced when running with large maps.

I have since spoken with PowerLOC today and although they do plan to offer the update via the internet, the European version will effectively be atleast a couple of CD's, this really needs to be assessed once the CD's are available and whether this might be a little on the large size.

All registered D3 users will receive the upgrade CD free of charge providing they have registered on the Destinator Community

PowerLOC hope that this solution adequately addresses PocketGPSWorld.com's concerns and will satisfy Destinator end users requirements for a high quality navigation system.
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets see what happens now heard all these promises before fingers crossed

i have to say i returned my receiver last week as faulty and they have replaced it with a new one which should arrive to taday by fed ex so things are looking up
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Thanks Dave you're doing a marvelous job... keep up the good work Thumbs Up
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Dave.

let's hope they keep to the promise.

Extract from an e-mail sent to me several weeks ago.

Hello,

We plan to start shipping early next week.
If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via email and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you,
Destinator Technical Support Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:22 PM
To: Destinator1 Support
Subject: Re: RE:

Support,

Have you processed my request???

Do you know when the European updates cd's will ship.

Yogi-Bear
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESTINATOR 3 UPGRADE PROGRAM

From www.destinator1.com

As a special thank you to our loyal customers, we are pleased to offer registered users* of Destinator 3 a complimentary software upgrade shipping in early March.

This upgrade includes the following improved functionalities:
Faster route recalculation
Enhanced roundabout handling
Improved ETA calculation
Improved handling of routing to Outlook contacts in memory-constrained situations in conjunction with large maps
Please check back soon for more information on how to receive your free upgrade!

* Registered users who purchased Destinator versions 3.0 through 3.025 are eligible for the Destinator 3 Upgrade Program.

ummmm tell me if im wrong here But I don’t think this has anything to do with loyal for your customers this is something you should do anyway for releasing such crap software that has so many problems with it. It sounds like there making out we should be happy we are getting a free upgrade to the new D3 this is something that should be done anyway. bottom line here is when someone buy's a piece of software it should do what it says on the side of the box and in this Case it does Not so I don’t think we should feel lucky or proud or grateful or anything this should of been done a long long time ago. my spelling / English is not to good but what im trying to get across is they said it like we should feel lucky as a customer of this free update when we should not at all feel lucky if the software done what it said it could do then just Maybe we should feel a little bit lucky for getting a free upgrade. But this is no free upgrade or update you have paid for this by buying D3 in the first place. this update is just to fix the problems with the current version of D3 I bet you if the D3 they released in the first place had no problems with it this upgrade / update wood not even be here now. There so called D3 which is so crap I can’t even find My way around the block.
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another happy Customer from the D3 Camp.

Hey at least you received an e-mail from them :D I'm still waiting Evil or Very Mad

Nice to know that they are still NOT commiting too any date '"shipping in early March" that leaves the scope wide open somewhat.

Yogi-bear
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
DESTINATOR 3 UPGRADE PROGRAM

From www.destinator1.com

As a special thank you to our loyal customers, we are pleased to offer registered users* of Destinator 3 a complimentary software upgrade shipping in early March.

This upgrade includes the following improved functionalities: <snip>.

Absolutely disgraceful of Destinator to pitch this in such a way. There product does not work as advertised, and we are supposed to feel privileged that they are giving us a "complimentary" upgrade!!! There is absolutely no way on earth that I would ever pay for an upgrade to make a product function in the first place!!!

Frankly, Destinator have messed its users around so much, I would have expected an abject apology for the previous release, details of what action they had taken within their team to dismiss those responsible for forcing a product that was not ready for release onto the retail channels, and a commitment to provide those early adopters with a complimentary upgrade to their next MAJOR version release. ie, the next release that we would ordinarily have had to pay for.

Given this disgraceful statement that tries to make it look like they are doing us a favour, is the straw that broke the camel's back in my case. I will NEVER buy a Destinator product again.

There could at least have been some humility from them!!!!

Simon
jomo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Response from Powerloc today Reply with quote

Hi,

Received this email response (within 2 hours of emailing them!!) from Powerloc today...

"Thank you for your interest in Destinator. Currently our development team is working on Destinator version 3.039 upgrade, which will be available free to current owners of Destinator versions 3.0 and 3.025.

All our current users will receive notifications on how to register and obtain their free upgrade as soon as it becomes available.

We expect it to be ready this week.

Thank you again for your interest in our product.

Destinator Support Team"

Powerloc keep referring to the upgrade being "free to current owners". Does this mean they are planning to increase the retail price for version 3.039 ?

I will watch with interest. Maybe I'll end up with Tom Tom after all

John
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hasn't been officially announced yet from PowerLOC, but there is a 1gb download available on the following website:-

http://www.powerloc.com/community/start.jsp

You have to log in with your existing username/password for the Destinator1 community website but you will then be greeted with downloading the 1GB ISO (CD Image) or having it sent in the post.

**NOTE** As this hasn't officially been announced, I wouldn't take this as the full production release, it may have the correct version number on it, but until I receive the all go from PowerLOC I can't say for certain that this contains the complete production upgrade.

Upgrade includes:-
- Faster route recalculation
- Enhanced roundabout handling
- Improved ETA calculation
- Improved handling of routing to Outlook contacts in memory-constrained situations in conjunction with large maps
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

I've tried down loading the fix but, when I select " your licence Key" it comes up with following message " No upgrade found for this licence".

I was wondering whether because Powerloc in previous emails have said they would mail me the upgraded version whether that's why I can't download it. I haven't emailed the support team as yet as my last couple of emails haven't been replied to.

Pete
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, I'm not getting the upgrade message at all now, perhaps it only comes up once ?! or PowerLOC have pulled it as they posted it in error ?!
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok a bit of good news.. I evenually got to the page where I was offered the option eitheir to download the fix or have the CDrom mailed.. I opted for the CDrom.... I hope it comes!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: