Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Roundabouts Reply with quote

[quote=... or Kane releases 2004 maps.. showing M6 toll please Kane..[/quote]

Sweet dreams.
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, they've only been building the road for the last 2 years and planing it for the last 10 Rolling Eyes
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. I know, silly me.. forget Kane, but, I'm really cheesed off with Destinator... so.. can anybody recommend a GPS navigation alternative?
sid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Update on new version of D3 version 3.0.39 Reply with quote

PowerLOC has the fix for roundabout, as well as improvement on ETR and routing.

However, EU version has been changed in both software and maps, which makes PowerLOC impossible to release EU version via web site (www.destinator1.com) to EU D3 users. Meanwhile, North America users will be allowed to download the lastest version 3.0.39 from destinator web site in next week.

There are buisiness decision to be made since it will be costly to ship all EU users a new CD containing the new map data. So far, it looks like we are shipping to customers only who bought Destinator 3 through PowerLOC web site or phone orders. In order to get a new patch (map + software), you would need to present a proof of purchase.
That's it, so far guys.

Thanks
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Update on new version of D3 version 3.0.39 Reply with quote

sid wrote:
PowerLOC has the fix for roundabout, as well as improvement on ETR and routing.

However, EU version has been changed in both software and maps, which makes PowerLOC impossible to release EU version via web site (www.destinator1.com) to EU D3 users. Meanwhile, North America users will be allowed to download the lastest version 3.0.39 from destinator web site in next week.

There are buisiness decision to be made since it will be costly to ship all EU users a new CD containing the new map data. So far, it looks like we are shipping to customers only who bought Destinator 3 through PowerLOC web site or phone orders. In order to get a new patch (map + software), you would need to present a proof of purchase.
That's it, so far guys.

Thanks

Sid - can you clarify the "business decision to be made". What are those users who didn't buy direct meant to do? If the product is faulty (and it is faulty) through no fault of the consumer, then it is down to Destinator to make it right is it not?

Simon
sid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,
The business decision is still to be made between D3 distributers and PowerLOC, not the end-users and PowerLOC. (I would not worry about the cost) [The customers who bought directly from PowerLOC, in this case, PowerLOC becomes both distributer and manufacturer.]

I do not know the details of this, but I also hope that this gets settle soon, so we can all move to the next release(3.1) which will be even better than 3.0.39
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hope it gets sorted soon cause I spent over a hundred quid on this piece of junk. I doesnt do what its supposed to do. Support from powerloc is totally non existant. 3.1 may be better but we ain't seen 3.0.39 yet so please dont rub our noses in it Grrrr
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Who's sending it ? Reply with quote

I had an email from dest support, in response to a moan and they confirmed story re new CDs fro EU. They asked for serial number and shipping address, no mention that it was restricted to direct purchases.

Emails to myn supplier (GPSNow), have not yet clarifyed situation, they don't seem to have the information.

Personally don't mind who sends it provided someone does ! Rolling Eyes Question
Oscar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite agree, many of us will certainly have bought the package via a GPS general retailer rather than direct from PowerLOC. It would be ludicrous as it seems is the case for PowerLoc to provide support in the form of the full update to direct buyers and not to the rest of their customers. I also cannot see why they are able to offer the update plus maps via download to their US customer but are unable to do the same for European customers. I guess many would rather suffer a tediously long download than be offered another partial fix.
Sad
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the email I have just received from destinator support. It doesnt matter where you purchased your copy of d3 from. If you send them your licence key and shipping address, they will replace it for you
Quote:

Sent: 06 February 2004 14:56
To: Richard Deakin
Subject: RE: Destinator Uk roundabout fix

Hello,

It does not matter, we will send you an update anyway if you wish. Just forward the info.
If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via email and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you,
Maria
Destinator Technical Support Team

-----Original Message-----
RE: Destinator Uk roundabout fix

I didn’t purchase my copy directly from you it was from a UK distributor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 06 February 2004 14:56
To: Richard Deakin
Subject: RE: Destinator Uk roundabout fix

Hello,

We have completed new build of Destinator 3 software. It is not
available for download and needs to be shipped to you. If you purchased
your Destinator EU software and map data from us - please forward your
license key and shipping address and we will ship the update to you. If
you purchased Destinator software only upgrade - please visit our web
site by the end of the week for new downloadable patch.
If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact
us via email and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you,

Maria

About time Rolling Eyes
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same reply here i have just sent them my receiver as it is faulty and asked about the cd they said would send so here hoping :D
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "end of the week" and "next week" rings a nice load of bells with me, like hearing this every week since December! Just checking the D1 website, there's no updates.... Happy
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's today's latest excuse

[Thank you for your interest in Destinator. Currently our development team is working on Destinator version 3.039 upgrade, which will be available free to current owners of Destinator versions 3.0 and 3.025.

In order to expedite the upgrade process, we have added your e-mail address to our database. You will receive notifications on how to register and obtain your free upgrade as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you again for your continuous support and patience.

Destinator Support Team]
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same reply here but last week they told me were sending cd with my package i will nt hold my breath

Hello,

We have received the package, thank you. Turn around time - about two day. We will be able to ship it back early next week.

Currently our development team is working on Destinator version 3.039 upgrade, which will be available free to current owners of Destinator versions 3.0 and 3.025.

In order to expedite the upgrade process, we have added your e-mail address to our database. You will receive notifications on how to register and obtain your free upgrade as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you again for your continuous support and patience.

Destinator Support Team
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't surprise me, I don't know how many times I've been told this. Next week never comes. There is absolutely no reason why PowerLOC can't release the program update as is and it won't require a map update, but they appear to be loathed to do so.

I suspect they are trying to fix some major bugs that they have found and this is taking time, and luckily it's bugs none of us have found yet.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: