Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems guys, that's what we're here for.

I have spoken with PowerLOC and a new installer and fixed roundabout version should be available in the next day or two for me to test. I'll keep you posted.
stepank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Missing turns Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I have another very disturbing problem with Destinator 3 (US). It is missing guidance. While route on the map is correct, in step by step guidance (and in voice instructions as well) are missing turns, route split out and exits. If anybody experience the same problem?

Stepan
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for the routing algorithms are the new UK maps will be available for download via the Destinator1 website hopefully by the end of the week 8)
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Good news for the routing algorithms are the new UK maps will be available for download via the Destinator1 website hopefully by the end of the week 8)

Hi Dave,

Is this for the routing issue, or the routing and roundabouts issue?

I presume they'll eventually be making this available on a replacement CD basis, given that the original disk is faulty, and the likely size of the download?

Simon
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated maps will only address routing type issues, the roundabouts I have confirmed is down to the program and this will come as a separate download. Not sure about disks, I'm suspect they will issue these on request perhaps, but the size was a couple of hundred meg I downloaded.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is I have a new beta which now includes roundabout support again for the UK and a new installer. The previous beta had improved upon routing, but unfortunately in the current beta I am testing, the routing has default back to that of 3.0.4 which is basically only trying to get you back to the original route, rather than re-calculating a new route. I've sent an email back to PowerLOC showing my findings and am awaiting a new fix which will hopefully merge the two together.

Regarding map size, the new installer, program and UK maps are equating to a download of 137mb. I don't see a problem with still being able to install European maps on the same Pocket PC, you just use the updated program and UK maps on the new CD/image.
Oscar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly thanks Dave for keeping us all informed about what’s going on with the patch for Destinator.

Just a couple of Questions about the upcoming patch could you post when it is ready for downloading, as the version number available for download is not numbered.

Also you mentioned in the previous post that the PowerLOC folks had said the new software would be available at the Destinator site for Download but the download would be large. Which page will these files be available on? I’ve searched around the site but can only find the buggy patch, some wave files and the ActiveSync patch.

Finally is the new patch supposed to fix all versions of the software and sort out the routing problems? Most posts on the forum naturally refer to problems on the UK map and I am having similar problem in Switzerland.
8O
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oscar,

As soon as I am told the patch has been made available, I will post it here and on the news page. PowerLOC have now broken up for the Christmas break like many companies, the patch was made available to me, but it although the roundabout issue was fixed, routing algorithms took a turn for the worst, and I believe this is why it hasn't been made available yet. I'm not sure which page it will be on, I suspect the support page where the other download is available.

Currently the routing algorithms I'm working on with PowerLOC are for UK based maps, I don't know whether these algorithms can be tweaked likewise for Swiss maps, or whether separate tweaking would need to be done here.

To date, the beta version I am running has fixed the roundabout issues, but routing algorithms have gone back to the ones reported in our review where as the previous beta seemed to resolve these. Unfortunately routing algorithms will be more to do with how roads are graded, and it will probably require updated maps to tweak routing algorithms.
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they sort this soon. I've only had D3 a week and its really annoying me. How can software so fundamentally flawed be on sale? Angry I also notice tonight that the M6 Toll is not on the maps Confused
I'll give it another few days and if there's no update then I'm sending it back Sad
stepank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ask any kind of questions directly PoweLock representative on gpspassion web site. His login name dest3support (Yarom).
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5664&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=is Exclamation
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From GpsPasSion Forum -

Hi All,

Dont worry I am still here.

The round about problem has been resolved and by the end of next week we will post an update on our web site.

I read about the problem with the missing guidance,does anyone has an example on where did it happen?

Yoram

Thumbs Up [/quote]
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routing is still an issue though!
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sign of the update yet Crying or Very sad
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly not!
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Roundabouts Reply with quote

How I wish I could turn the clocks back, just a couple of weeks will do.. I've only recently purchase D3. If I had just took a look at this forum then theirs no way I would of upgraded. I was very happy with D2, I only really wanted the lastest maps but Kane hasn't released any, so I thought I'd treat myself to Destinator 3. After a day of using D3 i've reverted back to D2.. The voice warning sounds like a robot, the screen darkens when the voice instruction is activated, the current road notification is too small to be clearly seen and moves across the lower screen. all very very annoying. And to top it all off, no clear verbal instruction or visual icon for roundabouts . I've always been lead to believe the next generation was suppose to be better than the one it replaces.. in Destinator3 case I'm clearly wrong. I do hope things improve... or Kane releases 2004 maps.. showing M6 toll please Kane..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: