Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In car vent mount for Ipaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In car vent mount for Ipaq 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mantisgb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: In car vent mount for Ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

What would you recommend I buy? I'm looking for ease of insert/remove and preferably not a clip system where you have to glue something to the back of the Ipaq.

What do you find works best? and is there one which has the sync/battery connector built into it so you can hard wire the mount into the cigarette lighter of the car?

thanks in advance,

Keith
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're looking to hard-wire the powered mount into the car then you ought to take a look at Brodit's 2210 cradle. Coupled with a Pro-Clip (no holes mounting brackets that are custom made for each car) it's a superb solution that looks almost factory-fit.

See our Brodit reviews here and the 2210 mount on Brodit's website here. If you ask in our forums you will find many Brodit owners and they are IMHO the best Thumbs Up

Oh and if you do decide on one, Handnav are the official UK retailer, see their advert in the right-hand column.
thebears
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: try tomtom 2210 cradle kit Reply with quote

I have just recived my tomtom kit for the 2210, ordered it back in November. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it has a cradle that looks very nice, ventclip, dash clip, window mount arm, hardwire, cig lighter lead and a lead to take to a tomtom BT/GPS reciever, but after discussing with the nice people at globalpositioning systems it will also charge my Fortuna BT Clip on. This works a treat, as i will now hardwire the cradle and have the ability to charge the GPS if needed.

Once fully installed i will put some pics in the mounts section.

Thumbs Up
midsman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: HP 2200 Mount Reply with quote

I have purchased a Arkon Powered Multimedia PDA Mount. This is wired through the 12v car system ( cigarette lighter etc) so recharges the PDA in use. It has enhanced audio through its own speaker system. It connects to the PDA with an audio lead, specified at the time of purchase. The mounts clips on to the louvres of the facia vents. Looks a bit of a mess when the PDA is out, but no complaints about usegae. You can really hear the PDA over the car stereo. I purchased mine from Global Positioning Supplies.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: