Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New D3 Patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New D3 Patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: New D3 Patch Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to let people know that the Destinator guys have uploaded a new patch to the support section for D3 Laughing

The bad news it failed on my Ipaq 3970 (2003) Crying or Very sad , had to to back rev to the original CD format.

Problems related to new patch

(1)
Unable to view the Sat indicators if opened error "Unkown standard Msg Code is found: IDS_Common_MPH" the unit then needs to be soft reset.

(2)
New patch removes the annoying "go around the circle" (hey why not roundabout) and adds go left or go right.

Me Thinks the Software may not been tested as much as it should have been Evil or Very Mad

I have e-mailed tech support for D3 several days ago and awaiting a fix.

Anybody else downloaded the patch from the Destinator ? if so are you having the same issues as me.

Yogi-bear
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yogi-Bear,
what is the version of your patch? 3.025? I had no problems installing this on my iPAQ 3970.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lbendlin,

The version installed from the shipping media (Cd-rom) is V3.0.09 and that works. :P . Patched version from the support area is V3.0.25 and thats when i have the two issues as listed in this thread. Sad

Don't get me wrong the patch to V3.0.25 works. It's only when i go around the "Circle" for roundabouts it prompts to go left or right, or when i want to view the sat's, everything else seems to work fine with the patch.

Yogi
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asking because we expect a new patch pretty soon that is supposed to take care of the sluggish recalculation times.

As for circle vs roundabout vs rotary - we made PowerLOC aware that english isn't the same as english in various parts of the world, and they promised to develop text and voice packages that take this into account.

You can also configure this by yourself - both text and voices are skinnable to a great extend.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin,

Just to be 100% sure it was not my PDA playing up (It's is windows after all). I decided to remove 2003 and re-apply 2002 with all HP/Compaq patches. installed D3 (cd-install) that worked a threat :D . I then downloaded the patch again from the support section just in case i had a corrupted image. Installed the patch again, guess what, the same errors still exist.

I E-mailed the support department on Monday 1st Decemeber 03, Had one reply within sevral hours of which i thought was quite good asking for hardware/Software details and Gps unit used, It is now the 5th December and still awaiting a reply. Evil or Very Mad

Overall, i am very happy with the software and what does, and I expect to have these kind of issues from to time. However what bugs me is the lack of effort they put into the support departments or the lack of them? in responding to registered users requests with problems. After all in a roundabout way, registered users do pay the wages of staff at the support dept/Company.

Anyway, i will get off my little soapbox now.

Back to the CD Version

Yogi
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken with PowerLOC this afternoon and there is a problem with 3.0.25. Version 3.0.25 does include better routing (to overcome the problem we experienced in our review) and new features and a slightly enhanced GUI, but I do have clarification that there are problems with roundabout support.

PowerLOC say they do have a fix that is being tested internally and hopefully the patch will be available shortly once it's been fully regression tested. I am going to also do some testing for PowerLOC in this area, so fire any questions you have at me and I'll do some testing as soon as I receive the patch.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: