Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 7 digit postcode in tomtom 5 navigator palm version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

7 digit postcode in tomtom 5 navigator palm version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acharris05
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: 7 digit postcode in tomtom 5 navigator palm version Reply with quote

Hi all, I have tomtom 5 for the palm OS and I have paid for a one month subscription for the speed camera database from pocketgps and it works fine. The palm device is the Tapwave zodiac.

The only problem I got is that I can't use the 7 digit postcode when I go to navigate to then the next page to postocde. I looked on here and I found about the zip folder with the postal file in and have put that in the root dir of the sd card and still I only get 4 digit code.

Also I got an empty tomtom folder. Any help is appreciated as I am stuck now, and I am sure the zip folder is for PPC only reading the tomtom site. Thanks.

Anthony
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I have the same problem, with a twist. I have had TT5 running fine for over a year, with full 7 digit postcodes. I then ran a backup with Backupman, which hung on backing up the great_britain.postal file. Ever since all I have had is 4 digit postcode searching. A full reinstall after a hard reset made no difference. Maybe it's something in the saved preferences. Any thoughts out there?
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An immediate reply came my way. I deleted Backupman from my device (leaving it on the SD card that I also have in my LifeDrive) and boom, full 7 digits are back. Weird...
sirox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I never had 7-digit post codes on TT5. I have it though on TT6.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: