Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HandNav: A word of warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HandNav: A word of warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wooyay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: HandNav: A word of warning Reply with quote

After reading a review of the Brodit ProClip mounts here, I ordered one for my new car, along with a cradle for my iPAQ 3660. The ProClip and cradle arrived today, nearly a week after when they said it would. Although the cradle is spot-on, the same cannot be said for the ProClip as the incorrect one was sent.

The ProClip model number on my invoice matches that of the incorrect item (for an Astra 98-02). I went back to HandNav's website, and entered the details of my car, a Peugeot 307, and it promptly gave me the model number of the ProClip I needed - the incorrect one. A quick look at Brodit's website (http://www.brodit.com/) gives the correct model number.

It seems that HandNav's ProClip database is somewhat broken, so if you're ordering one check the model number they give you with that on Brodit's website as it could well be incorrect.

Hopefully I'll be able to get through to them tomorrow to try and get the correct ProClip sent... :|
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Thornburrow,

Thank you for your comment. Further to our telephone conversation, I can confirm that Yes, we have so far only came across with just one ProClip reference to be incorrect. I have also explained to you that Brodit's ProClip database was supplied by Brodit, hence that came to our surprise too that we have found one error. ProClip range is huge to approximately 5-6 thousand types, so having come across one is in my opinion that is not a bad result, however we will be requesting new database from Brodit to have uptodate records supplied to us.

If there is anything else I can do to help, than please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 8443 4337

Best regards
Chetan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: