Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of notes...
1. There is an option built-in to version 103. If like me you prefer to look out for mobile cameras yourself rather than be alerted before what seems on some roads to be every other layby, you can exclude mobiles from the speedcams file. All you have to do is add the command " -M" after the program name when you run it. You can do this either from the Run prompt or with a shortcut. In either case the full command string needs to be "MTC_Builder_103.exe -M"

2. When copying a new .MTC file to over to your Mio by Bluetooth, it's best to delete the old file first rather than copy the new one over the top. I have noticed that sometimes the file isn't copied cleanly if it's overlaid onto the old one.

Sal
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
A couple of notes...
1. There is an option built-in to version 103. If like me you prefer to look out for mobile cameras yourself rather than be alerted before what seems on some roads to be every other layby,

It wouldn't be so bad if the ear-piercing screech could be toned down a bit, or made a bit more musical, and the turkey-gobbler overspeed warning is just as bad.

Peasemold
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I'm still hoping that POI Warner will become compatible with Miomap 3, because that will allow different warning signals for each type of camera.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you like to use camera direction information on the imported database on your Mio?

Please see my note in this thread...
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=261837#261837

Sal
Kev-C210
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: turkey-gobbler Reply with quote

It wouldn't be so bad if the ear-piercing screech could be toned down a bit, or made a bit more musical, and the turkey-gobbler overspeed warning is just as bad.

Just spent a hour or 2 browsing and modding my data.zip file and testing the results. Laughing

I have managed to change the over speed camera sound by changing the default file !alert5.wav :P turkey-gobbler :P file and the !alert6.wav :o siren sound Laughing around by renaming the sound files from !alert6.wav to !alert5.wav. and !alert5.wav to
!alert6.wav

There are several sound files in the audio folder but the mio does not let you change them around via the menu.

These files are in data.zip in the audio folder

backup your original data.zip

You can also create your own wav files as long as they are 8bit 11k mono

I used mio transfer hack to copy files via usb as i dont have bluetooth on my c210.

Once you have a modded data.zip file the mio update utilty will overwrite your modded file if you run the 3.2 update with the standard data.zip file
undoing your mods so you can restore to normal sounds even if you did not back up your original data.zip file
Hope this is of help.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until now it hasn't been possible to import the PGPSW camera database to the C210 because it lacked Bluetooth. Now that the Mio Transfer Hack is available to copy files across, it should be possible to use the database converted with the MTC Builder. I would be interested to hear from anyone with a C210 if they have tried it.

Sal
toibs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal,

Is there any way (following Logical Extensions here...) to enable people to add additional external Poi .ASC files using this or a similar method at all??

Just a thought :D

Paul
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I know is to use bluetooth to get a copy of igo.db. Use a script to convert whatever you have to kml and use POIConvert to merge the kml into igo.db and then transfer it back. I have done everything bar the transfer back using Garmin waypoints as a test - But have not had the nerve to upload it and try :-)
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toibs wrote:
Sal,

Is there any way (following Logical Extensions here...) to enable people to add additional external Poi .ASC files using this or a similar method at all??

Just a thought :D

Paul

Not that I know of Paul. As you know, Miomap is just iGo with another name, and since iGO doesn't have cameras, Mitac added a separate facility just for cameras.
The iGO.db file is the proper place to put POI files, and someone at iGO told me that v3.2 would have an XHTML import facility but it doesn't seem to have made it through to Miomap. At least not visibly - someone needs to investigate this!
PGSBear - you need have no fears about modifying the igo.db file. You can even delete it altogether and the Mio will create a new, empty one. When you go to User Data Management - Backup Data, it copies the igo.db file to the SD card, so do that first.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sal - If I had a SD card :-) What size do I need just to backup the GPS stuff? No mp3/pics etc.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:
Thanks Sal - If I had a SD card :-) What size do I need just to backup the GPS stuff? No mp3/pics etc.

I haven't got mine with me at the mo to check, but ISTR it's just a few tens of k's. But you don't HAVE to use an SD card - just copy it to your PC. It saves all your personal settings, history, etc.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the reader program to list out the cameras from the Mio's speedcams file. You can download it from here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/37223322/mtc_reader_101.exe
It's another single-click program - just copy the speedcams.mtc file from your Mio to your PC using bluetooth or the Mio Transfer Hack (I prefer this - it's much quicker). Run the mtc_reader program from the Run... prompt or with a shortcut, and it will create an ascii text file "speedcams.asc".
The file is in an identical format to the pocketgps_uk_sc.asc file, so if you wish you can manually edit your speedcams.asc file, rename it, and use the mtc_builder program to make a new speedcams.mtc file.
I believe that this program correctly lists all speedcams in .mtc file, regardless of country, but would welcome any reports.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small bug in the MTC_Reader program which means that cameras located south of the equator (yes really!) will not have the correct latitude shown in the output file. I don't this this will affect too many of the users here, but I will fix it in the next version of the program.

Sal
Swordsmaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Sallyann,
Everything looks good up here in Scandinavia.

Thanks!
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordsmaker wrote:
Great work Sallyann,
Everything looks good up here in Scandinavia.

Thanks!

Swordsmaker - you haven't checked your personal mail have you?

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: