Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snooper815
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: tomtom update Reply with quote

updated my tomtom 700 to the latest version using tomtom home & now i can get into my phone contacts it greyed out, anyone else had this problem, is there a way around it or do u think i should do a factory reset & go back to my old version...
by the way ive tried it on 2 different phones, my nokia n80 & my nokia 6600
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if This addresses you problem.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
snooper815
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you oldboy it worked, much appriciated
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Home updating Tom Tom GO problem Reply with quote

Has anyone else had problems updating their TOM TOM GO from 5.44.0 to version 6 as recommended by TOM TOM on their web site be installed.

I have installed TOM TOM HOME and cannot get it to download a version 6 update.

Any ideas ?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you go about it? At what point did the download fail?

If we don't know what you did, and how far you got, we have no idea what advice to give.Smile

mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Application 6 upgrade download Reply with quote

Richard - good point! I will explain more on what I have done.
I downloaded the Tom Tom Home software off the Tom Tom web site, it was this evening version 1.3 build 200 September 25 2006 16:45:43. This has now been installed and run on completion of the installation.

I connected the Tom Tom Go using the connection help advice - I plugged the USB first into my lap top ( This is using Windows XP SP2 ), then the USB into the Tom Tom, plugged the power into the Tom Tom and then switched on the Tom Tom.

The computer made a bleap type sound recognising the connection. A message was then shown mid screen "Checking installed items on Tom Tom Go"

I have the impression that the idea of Tom Tom Home is it downloads onto a client upgrades which in turn can be installed onto the Tom Tom. Nothing could be found to install so I read the help and followed the advise to use "Download your updates". This then showed in the middle of the screen "No Tom Tom content found on your computer. Note If you did not use Tom Tom home when you download content, it might not be found"

This has left me perplexed, I have used Tom Tom Home, the Tom Tom web also suggests that Application version 6 is recomended for loading so I have assumed all along that it is available. Perhaps this is the problem - it is simply not available.

I have registered my Tom Tom product id on their Web and also asked Tom Tom via their support section but yet to have a reply.

The configuration option on Tom Tom Home appears to work - it has confirmed by current release of Tom Tom GO application as 5.44.0.

I hope this explains the background better, I will be interested to hear any advice.

Thanks.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Go Application 6 upgrade download Reply with quote

mike37 wrote:
I connected the Tom Tom Go
I'm presuming it's the Classic GO!

mike37 wrote:
The computer made a bleap type sound recognising the connection. A message was then shown mid screen "Checking installed items on Tom Tom Go"
It's reading the SD Card to check your setup.

mike37 wrote:
I have the impression that the idea of Tom Tom Home is it downloads onto a client upgrades which in turn can be installed onto the Tom Tom. Nothing could be found to install so I read the help and followed the advise to use "Download your updates". This then showed in the middle of the screen "No Tom Tom content found on your computer. Note If you did not use Tom Tom home when you download content, it might not be found"
The screen is split into 3 main, vertical, windows. The middle one shows Data that you have downloaded, using HOME, and is available to Install on the Device. If you haven't used it before this will be empty

mike37 wrote:
This has left me perplexed, I have used Tom Tom Home, the Tom Tom web also suggests that Application version 6 is recomended for loading so I have assumed all along that it is available. Perhaps this is the problem - it is simply not available.

I have registered my Tom Tom product id on their Web and also asked Tom Tom via their support section but yet to have a reply.

The configuration option on Tom Tom Home appears to work - it has confirmed by current release of Tom Tom GO application as 5.44.0.
Have you Logged In, the Icon at the bottom left of the Screen? Use the Details you registered with.

Try Checking for Updates again.

mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Upgrade to application 6 Reply with quote

Richard

I have not logged in ( I cannot find anything in the Help saying this is needed).

I have clicked now the login and also tried File - Login but to no avail, nothing happens. I have tried left and right, single and double click.

I have been back to the Tom Tom web page and successfully logged in on that so clearly I have an account still and this has my Tom Tom Go Classic registered so the mystery continues.

In the meantime, no response still from Tom Tom.

If you or other readers have any suggestions, I would be grateful to hear them.

I can't help thinking this is a real backward step from Tom Tom, downloading off their web upgrades in the past was so easy and worked a treat.

Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the left window, there is a More ... sub-menu.

Click the My GO Icon and tell us what happens.

mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Application 6 upgrade download Reply with quote

Richard

I have clicked the "My GO" in the "More" section on the left and it now shows at the top of the middle part of the screen in red "You do not have the component required to use this feature. Click Login and log into your Tom Tom account. TomTom HOME will download the component yoru require, if available"

Unfortunately as you by know from my earlier post, clicking Login does nothing. A pity the message is not more useful by stating the name of the component. I have also tried the installation of TomTom HOME twice now having run the uninstall in between. I have approx 25Gb spare on disk so there should not be issue on disk space. I am using Windows XP SP2 with regular Windows updates.

I suspect TomTom themselves need to investigate this but in the mean time any further ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your assistance to date.

Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to Login myself and it's not going to play ball. This is the first time I've had it happen, (or not).

I'll have to have a play.Sad

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike37

Right here we GO.;)

Check that your Firewall is allowing Internet Access to TomTomHOME.exe

That's the only thing that had changed on mine since the Update. I altered it to give Internet Access and now I can Login.

See if it works for you also.

mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Application 6 upgrade download Reply with quote

Richard

I will speak to a colleague about the Firewall - not sure how this is checked unless you can advise.

I have checked the TomTom Home folder though and it might help but in there is a ServerError.txt file with the message:-

SERVER ERROR (Mon Oct 09 21:01:46 2006):

no file
Request: ServiceDiscoveryRequest. Reply: ServiceDiscoveryReply
Server: "sweet.tomtom.com". Path: "/cens/sweet/sd/"

Does this give a clue to the problem ?

Tom Tom have still not responded so guess they are busy !!

Mike
Oojamaflip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same prob. Just tried to update from 5.44 to 6.15 (TTG300). TT just displays 'road' picture/display. V. glad I did a backup 1st. TT homepage saying "At this time there is no component available that is compatible with your TT device"
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Go Application 6 upgrade download Reply with quote

mike37 wrote:
I will speak to a colleague about the Firewall - not sure how this is checked unless you can advise.
It depends which Furewall you have. With Zonealarm it's just a question of allowing the program have access to the internet. I don't know how it works with others.

It was the Server Error Text that gave me the clue. I think it was at the upgrade that the problem appeared and ZoneAlarm didn't give it access, until I manually allowed it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: