Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One v2 power connector
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One v2 power connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benmarsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: TomTom One v2 power connector Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm hoping someone with a v2 can help me with this question:

Looking through the pictures of the new v2 I notice it uses a mini USB to power and charge the unit. It seems that it is a flat/straight usb connector rather than an L shaped on which I currently have on my Garmin i3. As the power socket on the unit is at the bottom it would seem that I won't be able to mount the TT low on my windscreen close to the dash in the same way as I can with the i3.

Secondly how long is the supplied USB connector? I have a new model Clio which has the 12v socket between the handbrake and the drivers seat and I tend to position the gps on the right hand side of the steering wheel about an inch or two above the dash - so it would need to stretch quite a way.

Thanks,

Ben
Griff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought my v2 last week and it has a bent connection it has a fairly long lead but not sure how long you need it i will measure it for you if you want
Griff
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom One v2 power connector Reply with quote

benmarsh wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping someone with a v2 can help me with this question:
Looking through the pictures of the new v2 I notice it uses a mini USB to power and charge the unit.
Secondly how long is the supplied USB connector?
Thanks,
Ben

Total length is 64" 1.625 mt (total length including 12 volt connector) usb connection is L shaped but fits directly below and not at an angle you can of course buy a right angled connector on ebay for a couple of ££'s if you want to reduce the height.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a right angled connector, but you can't get the TomTom closer than about 1 inch from the dash.
The length of the wire (excluding the connectors on the ends) is 1.5 metres - more than enough to have the GPS on the extreme RH corner of the screen and plug into the cigar lighter low down on the centre console. I have to coil up the surplus cable
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: