Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New TomTom One vs x10 range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New TomTom One vs x10 range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: New TomTom One vs x10 range Reply with quote

OK I've just had a gander at the New TomTom One and I noticed it had Bluetooth so i'm assuming that means handsfree calling, so what's the difference older TomTom Ones did not have this I beleive and you had to step up to get it, but now it does why buy the x10 range is the spoken detailed instruction i.e turn right into joe street the only difference?.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New TomTom One vs x10 range Reply with quote

adrianhaslett wrote:
OK I've just had a gander at the New TomTom One and I noticed it had Bluetooth so i'm assuming that means handsfree calling,

Has bluetooth but it is not used for handsfree calling its for obtaining the TomTom Plus services on the move example Live trafic data, Weather and if you want Updates. Suggest you go to the Tomtom site and compare the functions on the various models if you bought the tt1 and handsfree was a requirement then your in for a disapointment Crying or Very sad
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yournav.com/content/review/197/ONE_New_Edition_stylish_renewal.html

According to that article. the new One only uses bluetooth for GPRS data so it can use TomTom Plus services, hands free calling isn't supported on the One
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that's where we get the price hike then, if you want hnadsfree you need the x10 range, then it's just a choive if you want the detailed voice directions if you do then it's a 910 your at. Although I hear you can get the detailed voice diections if you get a bigger sd card and start doing some playing. At least i'm sure I read that on hear somewhere.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not any longer. TomTom have plugged that hole with v6.50 - Text-to-Speech is only possible on the 910. A really stupid decision in my opinion, but easy to explain - TomTom have to pay licence fees to Loquendo for each seat.

The TomTom ONE v3 is missing a critical piece - it doesn't have a microphone or external microphone connector.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidHobbs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilko wrote:
http://www.yournav.com/content/review/197/ONE_New_Edition_stylish_renewal.html

According to that article. the new One only uses bluetooth for GPRS data so it can use TomTom Plus services, hands free calling isn't supported on the One

This is similar to the 300 and 700. They both have BT, but the 300 does not have the handsfree capabilities that the 700 does.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: