Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Took it for a spin...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Took it for a spin...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Took it for a spin... Reply with quote

Well a drive mounted in my car to be honest...The ALDI package that is

And the verdict is...I am well impressed with the PocketPC, Software, GPS receiver and most of all speed...

At no time I had less than 6 satellites, majority of the time I had 9!! The cold start and TTFF was so quick I didn't even had a change to measure it, first 4, then 5, 6, 8 and stabilised at 9 satellites...

The reason I am well impressed is that is that I was parked under a tree, next to a large hotel building. My car is a BMW 750iL which has got double glazing, lots of other electronics and a fully heated windscreen. I just planted it loose on the dash for now, have to tidy up later...

One drawback is that I do find the sound a little on the low side, I had the volume turned up fully on both Navigon and PocketPC. My car is about as quiet as a car can get but it was still not loud, an no I am not deaf...

For £349 I am well impressed, though will update to Alturion once the UK maps have house numbers...

BTW Does anyone know how to select the contacts from the list other than scolling down? I have loads of contacts in there and find it a real pain...
Roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it works good don't it. Wel impressed with mine and got a few programs working on it now

Quote:
My car is a BMW 750iL
very nice. My dad had a 740il and a 728i but hes just sold the 740il.Very nice cars
harry66
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a VW Bora which isnt exactly a refined car but I can hear the Medion PDA fine - even when not on full volume?? And that was over the sound of my missus and yackety 8yr old chatting away. I assume you have turned up the volume on the PDA??

One option I did think about using if the sound was not loud enough was to connect the headphone socket of the Medion to my car stereo using one of those tape adaptors??
pronto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too; works fine (and is audible) IN BOTH MY Golf and Hymer/Ducatto - not the quietest of vehciles Smile
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound volume is fine when the radio is turned down. I am actually investigation a 50% mute/mixer box that motorbikes use.

This way I can use the headphone jack to connect it up to the build in ICE. The idea is that the box will turn down the volume by 50% of the radio (or cd, or dab or cassette) and play the volume of the PDA at 100% over the car speakers.

Today I also used the leather case, it is rubbish as someone else already posted. I haven't been able to find a way to get the PDA out without opening the battery compartment...

Also I was on my way back from Manchester to my hotel in Liverpool and it found a new much quicker route for me. Top!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: