Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Miomap v3.2 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Miomap v3.2 upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Miomap v3.2 upgrade Reply with quote

We are told the Miomap v3.2 software for the C510 and C710 will be available in September. Mitac have now updated the on-line manual to version 3.2, which suggests that this is the version in current production. In common with many other uses, I am waiting to get hold of the latest software version to upgrade my unit.
Since the program disks are not locked to specific units (the licensing control is built into the firmware), any 3.2 disk should work with any compatible unit.
Could I ask please that anyone buying a new C510 or C710 checks the software version of the supplied CD, and lets us know if they have a 3.2? Also there are retailers who advertise on here and presumable read the posts. If any seller finds they have 3.2's in stock I am sure we would all like to know about it.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye gods, so not only do Mitac have the worst tech support in the world, they don't even make firmware upgrades available! :-(

Did anyone manage 3.0 to 3.1, and if so how? Is it just a question of uploading the map software via bluetooth?
miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some news for all interested.

the new 3.2 comes within 2 weeks from today.
The above was noted at the exchage in Hasselt (Eurosys) where mio was present.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:
Ye gods, so not only do Mitac have the worst tech support in the world, they don't even make firmware upgrades available!

I didn't say that.
I hope that Mitac will make the new software available via their web site (I can't really see them sending out CD's to everyone who asks), but if not we must find some way of making it generally available to those who want it.
My reason for posting this was so that we would all know when it was actually released.

Miomio - thank you for your comment. I hope you are right!

Sal
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that everyone with ver 3.1 would be sent a disc to update to 3.2, is this not the case?

Regards...Dil

Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
I was under the impression that everyone with ver 3.1 would be sent a disc to update to 3.2, is this not the case?
Regards...Dil

Who told you that?

Sal
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal, I thought I had seen it on here somewhere when someone mentioned the update towards the end of last month in one of the threads. Maybe I have
the wrong end of the stick.
Going by your comment I take it that we wont be getting the update then?
Surely if we have purchased the device`s then we qualify for the uptodate software. In the meantime, I have e-mailed miotech to ask them very nicely what the situation is, hopefully they will reply before xmas but cant guarante what year.
I will also try and find that bit I saw in the thread..

Regards...DIL

Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Sal, here`s the bit I was on about,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Right then, here is an email answer one of our Dutch friends received from the president of Mio Euope in Belgium after sending him a bug list.

Mijnheer HarryF,

Vooreerst mijn verontschuldigingen voor laat antwoord, het is niet de moeite, alleen de tijd die mij tekort schiet.

Uw initiatief en constructieve benadering apprecieer ik sterk en zal ongetwijfeld bijdragen tot verbetering van de Mio productlijn.
Vele van uw meldingen zijn ondertussen via gebruikers gemeld aan ons call center. Aanpassingen zijn gemaakt en worden in de field uitgetest.
Om op uw belangrijkste vraag te antwoorden, er is een versie MioMap 3.2 in de maak die we volgens onze planning in September zullen releasen, voor zover de field testen voldoening geven.
Wij voorzien de update via het internet. Kosteloos voor dezelfde user interface generatie (V3 of V4…) en dezelfde mapdata versie (Q1 2006)

Uw onderstaande lijsten zal ik aan d juiste instanties communiceren waar U een antwoord mag van verwachten.

Vriendelijke groet,

Paul Notteboom
Mio Technology Limited
President

Brusselsesteenweg 307b
1785 Brussegem

Yep, it's in Dutch.

However my initial understanding it says something like:

Sorry for not answering sooner....

I appreciate your initiative and constructive comments on the nio, rest assured that we are constantly seeking to improve the mio.
Many of your comments have already been gathered via our call centres. Changes are being made and are being tested.
To answer your question [when will there be an update], miomap v3.2 is in the pipeline and we plan to release it mid September, testing permitting. We are planning to release it via the internet, free of charge.
etc.., etc..

There`s a couple of comments from you there aswell, thought you would have remembered where I had seen it.

Unless of course I have got it wrong again!

DIL

miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sallyann"]
GPSBear wrote:
Ye gods, so not only do Mitac have the
Sal

it has to be Wink , I got the info from the belgian forum. (mio's HQ's there)
and to put some 'sissssss' on the fire, dnloads will be from the web site and free for all regd. users.
I can't imagine any company upgrading the software by sending individual cds to their customers Laughing . That will be the perfect formula to go bankrupt :D
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miomio wrote:

I can't imagine any company upgrading the software by sending individual cds to their customers Laughing . That will be the perfect formula to go bankrupt :D

That is my feeling exactly. No company does that.
Many customers will be quite content with their Mio as it is. If the upgrade is on the website then we can choose whether or not to download it and upgrade.
But if they do not put it on the website then we must find who has a new Mio with a 3.2 CD!

I want to play with 3.2 to see how we can better import speedcameras.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
GPSBear wrote:
Ye gods, so not only do Mitac have the worst tech support in the world, they don't even make firmware upgrades available!

I didn't say that.
I hope that Mitac will make the new software available via their web site (I can't really see them sending out CD's to everyone who asks), but if not we must find some way of making it generally available to those who want it.
My reason for posting this was so that we would all know when it was actually released.

Sal

Sal, I did not mean to imply that you had said that - My comment was purely because I can find no trace of 3.1 to download. So if they had not bothered to do it for 3.1 why for 3.2? One can only go on past performance. There also does not seem to be information as to *how* one would perform said upgrade.
Micleg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miomio wrote:
...I can't imagine any company upgrading the software by sending individual cds to their customers :lol: . That will be the perfect formula to go bankrupt :D

I actually got a City Navigator v8 CD from Garmin about a year and a half after returning the unit... But I guess they saw it as an investment since some of those who got the CD would pay for the upgrade license key.

Sadly, when 3.2 arrives all hacks will be reset. Right now I am using your DATA.zip, miomio. It has some shortcomings in the gui layout department, but let me set a whole lot of parameters. I saw a thread with even more hacks, but no new "all-inclusive" DATA.zip... That would be nice for those of us who haven't got the time or knowledge to hack the files.
sdochert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker

Hi, I have just joined and have also just bought a new Mio C510. They are shipping v 3.11 Mio Map still.

I have a question for you experienced dudes please.

Can I download additional POI files for this unit? If you can how do you download them onto it. Also same question with regards to new voices please.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome - try reading "POI import in C710 thread" this should cover off what you need. Laughing
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that Bigrids mentions that he has 3.2 on his 510

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46180

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: