Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 6 on SD Card?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 6 on SD Card?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: TomTom 6 on SD Card? Reply with quote

I've read TT6 PPC will come preinstalled on an SD Card. Doeas anyone know if it can be transferred to a larger SD Card so that you can use your PPC for other than TomTom?
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely - I took my Nav 5 128MB card and transferred to a 1GB without issue - I can't see why Nav 6 would be any different.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied mine over to a 4gb card..no problems.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:
I copied mine over to a 4gb card..no problems.

4 GB????

Ooooh.... jealous!

Not Worthy
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a gamble ..... (and it's a mini SD card)... and it worked. Tkae alook at this thread and decide for yourself. Mike

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=332538#332538
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kewl - I'm pleased for you. I'm currently limited to 2 GB max... time for another device upgrade methinks! Rolling Eyes
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
That's kewl - I'm pleased for you. I'm currently limited to 2 GB max... time for another device upgrade methinks! Rolling Eyes

ps OT, but..are you going to 'upgrade' to TT6 ?
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I only bought Nav 5 at the end of May, so it really depends on how sensible the deal is - if there is one!

I followed Nav 5 to a Freeway onramp (I'm presuming you're in the US) only to find it was a service road with a barrier, about 30 yrds after a blind bend... I nearly wiped out myself/car and partner and 2 small ones, so if I can find a more accurate map I probably owe it to them to get it - I tend to hate the way TT treat their customers, I think the map upgrade scheme just doesn't cut it, but I really can't find too much to moan about with Nav 5 - so it's better maps not new functionality that will get my $$$. Mind you, the geeky part of me won't complain if there are a few more whistles and bells to tinker with! Wink

How about you?
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Just saw your location!

Scrap the freeway onramp nonsense - TT guided me to an M6 Bypass (toll road) entrance that turned out not to be there... Surprised
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Glad I can drag it over to my 4GB card. Actually 4GB cards aren't that expensive. I bought a Transcend for $100 with a $30 rebate from NewEgg.com. Both the card, and Newegg, are kind of flaky but I back up the card often so I can restore it. I found formatting it to FAT16 makes it a little more stable.
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Reply with quote

schneid wrote:
Glad I can drag it over to my 4GB card. Actually 4GB cards aren't that expensive. I bought a Transcend for $100 with a $30 rebate from NewEgg.com. Both the card, and Newegg, are kind of flaky but I back up the card often so I can restore it. I found formatting it to FAT16 makes it a little more stable.

I find NewEgg to be pretty reliable, so not sure what's been flaky in your experience. As another option, I just got a Ridata 4gb 150x SD card from them, which so far works fine in both TX and my DSLR ($61, no rebate).

But mainly, I was curious about your statement concerning formatting it to FAT16. Ordinarily, the drive size limit (for O.S. other than WinXP) is 2gb, so I would have thought that your device might have trouble seeing all 4gb capacity of this card. Apparently it doesn't? What device/OS - I'm curious.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: