Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rider via the autocom bluetooth adapter?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rider via the autocom bluetooth adapter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweedoris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Rider via the autocom bluetooth adapter? Reply with quote

I've just upgraded my intercom system to Autocoms Super Pro Avi. At the moment the rider b/tooth is connected into aux3 with the phone lead they supplied which works ok for hearing speech. Can't take phone calls as it disconnects but now know why. Having read different threads regarding lack of power from the rider b/t it answers one of my problems but now poses another. Everytime i took a phone call via the rider, my phone told me the bluetooth signal was weak and would cut me off. Now know its the rider b/t not my phone at fault. But now i'm wondering if you used the autocom bluetooth module as the 'headset' and not the one supplied with the rider, would this solve the issues? Has anyone tried this yet? Would be interested in the result if anyone has, as thats was going to be my next purchase.
thezerocool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, my Rider 1 and Rider 2 works great through my Autocom. I would try somebody elses phone before you rule out it being yours.

Failing that try getting a new bluetooth adaptor or a integrated autocom one.

I would consider the position of the autocom adaptor as its likely going to behind your tank and this could cause additional problems with interferance.

Personally ive never had a problem so find it hard to believe its not your phone.

the ZC
tweedoris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Just to update, the autocom bluetooth adapter does work with the rider. The only comment i've had is that i sound a little quiet, but even at 80mph down a motorway they here me clearly. Just have to talk louder!!! Its something to do with routing thro the tt, then the adapter.
ianhb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have my autocom plugged into the TomTom bluetooth dongle as a sound only input and have my phone plugged separately into the Autocom. Works just as it says on the tin; phone calls no problem, hear the Rider no problem. Gets a little confusing when there are tomtom instructions during a phone call Smile
bmwr1150rt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Can you tell me in a little more detail how you get the Autocom to speak to your Tomtom rider, I do not know what a dongle is, where can I get one and how much. Thanks
crgray
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autocom sell a bluetooth module for about £70. It's powered by the autocom unit so once you've plugged it in and paired it up you can forget about it. IT has a couple of covers on the end you pry off to get at a button you need to press, and a light to show the mode, to get it in to pairing mode, then tell the tomtom to connect to it and everything works fine. Mine sits by the rear light and has no trouble talking to my tomtom.
paganprince
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. i have the Autocom fongle anf I have never had any issues connecting it to my rider (v1). Theo tomtom rider unit does have some issues with connecting to phones. where is your phne located in relation to the rider?

Have you tried using the tomtom rider with the tomtom dongle and the incar earpeice? make sure you can hear the tomtom throu the tomtom headset then try taking a phone call. if you have the same issues try a different phone of a different model. also try using a simple phone. one that does not have any data services turned on.

If different phones donot work then it is your tomtom. if other phones work thn it is your mobile.
dkn9230
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Rider via Autocom Bluetooth adapter Reply with quote

Gents,
Can anyone help me out. I just bought the Autocom pro Avi and the Autocom bluetooth dongle. I connected it to aux 1 (this one is powered). I putted the dongle in pairing mode (red light flashes quickly) and opened the tomtom bluetooth screen. I choose make connection and the Tomtom rider V1 sees the autocom dongle.
the next screen is the question if I want to set up a connection. Answer "YES". Then the Tomtom shows a globe and a bar (indicates 0%), after a while I get the message that Tomtom can not set up the connection with the phone (????).
This is then the end of the setup and TT return to the bluetooth screen.
Did I do something wrong ?
Can somebody give me a detailled description how he paires his with the tomtom rider V1 ?

Many Thx,
Norbert
paganprince
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norbert,

Firstly, have you upgraded your tom tom to the latest version. there are a lot of bug fixes especially on the bluetooth side of things.

to get my dongle to pair, i backed up mt tom tom then upgraded the unit. once that had been done i then selected the option to display all menus and then paired the unit.

If you still have problems PM me and i will do through mine and write down some instructions for you.

~Phil
dkn9230
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Autocom and Tomtom Reply with quote

paganprince wrote:

If you still have problems PM me and i will do through mine and write down some instructions for you.

~Phil

Phil,
You have PM (the second one includes my e-mail, works a lot easier)
WfG,
Norbert Very Happy
merlindriver
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I use a PDA wired via the headphone socket to a Autocom Super Pro Avi. For some unknown reason the audio on the TT Navigator stops and I lose all directions and scamera alerts. Now looking at a Rider 2 but I've been told that a phone must be wired to the Autocom and can't be connected by bluetooth via the TomTom - is this right? Shame the Rider2 comes with the Scala headset - it'll end up unused in the drawer!
dkn9230
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a PDA, use the output for the earphone and connect it by wire to your autocom OR use the bluetooth on the PDA an buy the dongle from autocom to connect it (I have not tried it yet, so no warranty this will work)
It is so that I can not connect my cellphone to my Rider, once the connection with the dongle is established. For what I've been told, I should have connected my phone to my Rider and then the rider to my dongle. But in my case this was not working! My solution: I've bought a seperate cable from autocom to connect my cellphone to the Autocom unit.

The rider 2 comes with the scala rider; there you have 2 solutions:
1. sell the scala (this is easy) and buy the bluetooth dongle from autocom, which you connect to AUX1.
2. exchange the scala for the small dongle which is delivered with the Rider 1 and connect it by wire (cable is available by Autocom)
My system:
Bluetooth dongle from autocom on AUX1 (powered by aux1)
MP3 player by wire to AUX2
Cellphone by wire to AUX3

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: