Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - copilot Navigator9 laptop USB to work with any other softwar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

copilot Navigator9 laptop USB to work with any other softwar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cganti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: copilot Navigator9 laptop USB to work with any other softwar Reply with quote

I recently bought a dell laptop and copilot Navigator 9 laptop with GPS software , it works excellent with the provided software but if I want to use with any other software like Tom Tom or Microsoft Streets and Trips, it is not at all recognizing. When I called the tech support they said that there is a chip inside which make it not to work with any other software, There are some USB to Seriel drivers in the CD but I dont know how to make it work.
I tried installing the drivers manually with the USBtoSerial drivers but it says the driver is not recognized.
CAn anybody suggest me how to make it work/ how to disable the chip so that it can work for any other software???

Cganti
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is concerned with navigation software which works on Pocket PCs. There is a separate forum dealing with software for PCs (and laptops). Go to the forum called PC Street routing software (a little lower down on the screen) and you will see threads for the PC versions of CoPilot, Infomap Navigator and Route 66.
None of the software written for PPC (eg TomTom, CoPilot 6, Destinator, Mapopolis, etc, etc) will run on your laptop
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi cganti welcome to the forums
please dont repost this ill move it to the other forum

tomtom wont run on a pc it designed for pocetpcs and smartphones only im arfaid.

you could get an third party gps receiver to run off the laptop but that defets the object slightly hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you out

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
cganti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: