Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fugawi not compatible with MIO P350?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fugawi not compatible with MIO P350?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Fugawi not compatible with MIO P350? Reply with quote

Just purchased a MIO P350. I already had Fugawi UK ver2.0 and Fugawi Navigator program (I use georeferenced scannned mapping in TIFF + TFW format). I could install Fugawi on to the MIO but had the usual invalid port error 55 trouble when trying to get the GPS to work. Tried installing the latest upgrade patch from the Fugawi website but no better.

The PPC software would only install to main memory, not the SD card. Then I couldn't uninstall it again! The MIO gave a message to the effect that it had not been installed correctly and so could not be uninstalled (it also did not appear in the Installed Programs list on the MIO). I ended up having to reset the MIO back to factory settings to get rid of it.

I have now downloaded the trial version of Memory Map. It installs correctly (on the SD card where I wanted it), the GPS works and I can load and use TIFF scans. On this basis I've ordered the full version.

I have emailed support at the supplier (GPSPositioningSysytems) and Fugawi, but no response so far. It does seem that Fugawi is just not compatible with the MIO, so if you are considering one (IMO it's good value and the GPS is accurate and quick to lock on), I suggest going for memory Map rather than Fugawi, at least until the probs with it are sorted.
phineus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any feedback Enjay?

I ask because I too have a P350, which so far is OK, but I wish to purchase Topographic maps.

Your posting is the only warning I've seen of Fugawi/P350 incompatibilty.

Thanks
Enjay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi phineus

I had a reply from Fugawi telling me to use COM port 4 (which I am anyway). Nothing else tho'. So I have given up on Fugawi for now.

Am now having problems using Memory Map! I installed the trial version which worked fine. However I bought the registered version and installed that - now I am having problems getting it to talk to the GPS. I am currently in discussion with MM and they have suggested settings to use, none of which are working. Hopefully I will get this resolved as I am beginning to get frustrated with this. I don't know if its the MIO or a software problem yet.

I'll post a query on the MM forum and see if anyone else is having problems. Memory Map say they have tested their software on a P350 and it works fine, so perhaps it is the MIO...
phineus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Enjay.

Since my posting I've researched topographical maps. Personally I think I'll now go for the Anquet maps. They are a bit more expensive but, according to the threads on this forum (and others), a better deal all round.

The 2D and 3D views rival most others, and I like the split screen idea, but their technical support is streets ahead of the rest.

On top of that that also let you download trial versions to see if they work on your system before you commit to buying. And they actually sell the Mio P350 as a tried, tested and fully compatible PDA.

So maybe they're worth a try.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: