Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMods..... again!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMods..... again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: PDAMods..... again! Reply with quote

Bought a windscreen holder for my LifeDrive from them on the 11th Jul and at the same time, bought on eBay a desktop cradle. Both arrived in exactly the same type box and packaging which I though at the time was a coincidence.
Both items appeared faulty - the car holder did not charge my PDA and the desk cradle, when plugged in to my laptop, stopped the USB posts from functioning. They appeared to be drawing too much power from the laptop.
Tried to ring PDAMods - sales line would not entertain me at all and told me to deal via the website. It took five emails on the car holder to establish that it was faulty although I gave a really detailed email on the problems at the beginning.. The desk cradle communications were a bit quicker but I thought I was dealing with a private individual although the name of the guy was the same as the guy from PDSMods. Can you see where this is going?
To cut a long story short, I asked for a refund for the car bit, sent the old ones back at my expence and they put another car bit in the post which I never asked for. That was returned again, at my own expence. Both items were returned to VIVO in London. I asked that the desktop cradle was not replaced and I was refunded by PayPal.
The car charger was refunded yesterday (we only do refunds on a Friday).
So I have waited 16 days to sort this out, sent numerous emails and paid three for lots of Signed for postage (£6 in all) which was not refunded. The eBay guy was the same guy as worked for PDAMods, selling under another name. Is this allowed?
A total mess. I can honestly say, now I have been refunded, I will never deal with this firm again.
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to wrap the story up.... my last email to the firm suggested some sort of refund for the postage I paid in getting this sorted out. Got a reply wishing me the best of luck!
That really says it all. Oh well.
Doug
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do wonder why PDAMods are allowed to advertise in this forum still. There have been many complaints about the poor service of this sort. Is their money that important I wonder?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it all depends upon the percentage of transactions these complaints represent, and how the majority of transactions are handled.

I know from experience with Dabs in the past that there service was (and still is) excelent so long as everything goes according to plan (which it usually does), but when something went wrong for me, I can honestly say that I have never experienced worse service.

It all boils down to our demand for lower and lower prices, unfortunately in this sector of the market, it is often the lowest price which gets the sale, so something has to give, be it a move to an internet only business, or premium phone lines.

I know it doesn't sound good, but to be honest, anything less than 28 days to sort something out, would probably be deemed legally acceptable.

PS I am not defending PDA mods in particular, or poor service in general, just pointing out that the situation may not be as clear cut as it first appears - there are other factors to take into account.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
I really do wonder why PDAMods are allowed to advertise in this forum still. There have been many complaints about the poor service of this sort. Is their money that important I wonder?

It seems it is money based Sad ...take a look at my previous long running battle to get them removed. They are even allowed to include the safety camera database in their sales of TT...(I was told they purchased a licence to sell from PGPSW :x ) all provided by the members of course 8O .

Something really should be done about these people. However I fear not Crying or Very sad . Not while they are paying PGPSW. (A valued customer of PGPSW I suppose) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

We won it 5 times, We won it 5 times.
In Istanbul, We won it 5 times.

Football Capital of the World.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: