Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot 6 patch and POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot 6 patch and POIs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reffolds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Copilot 6 patch and POIs Reply with quote

Having installed the patch, I have lost my map POIs. ALK support told me to reload the map data but I still don't have the POIs. Am I right that if I plan a route I should see the POIs? I am sure that used to be the case. Also, after reloading map data (with options set to download POIs) CoPilot started very fast so it didn't seem to be digesting the POI data. My desktop is at the patch level so presumable should download the POIs in the new format.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you set the poi's to always be visible in the copilot settings on the pda

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, while CP 6 displays POIs in Guidance mode/Next Turn view, or when the map shows when approaching a turn, etc., it will not show them in Planning mode. If I am right, this is brings to mind the proverbial chocolate fireguard, etc.

Hopefully, someone will tell me that I am wrong. If not, one can only hope that ALK have plans to correct the problem, along with simlilar other problems (for example, the absence of the calculated route from the Pick Stop on Map and View Itinerary Point on Map windows).
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said the above, I have now discovered that the POIs display in Planning Mode on my Dell Axim X30, but not on my Axim X50v. It seems this could be something to do with Copilot's compatibility with or configuration for a VGA display.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Reffolds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now found that the pois are displaying in guidance mode but not planning mode. I have an Axim 50V. I am (almost) certain I used to see POIs in planning mode because I recall checking out speed cameras on the map when I first received CoPilot6.

I am not seeing safety cameras. They are showing as POIs in position custom 6. Is this because the new version doesn't treat safety cameras as POIs. I haven't been able to verify that new the safety camera alert function is working.

The desktop shows all POIs in planning mode.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought again about my assumption that it is something to do with VGA, it doesn't make sense. As Reffolds says, POIs display in Guidance mode. As I said, they display in both modes on my non-VGA PPC - unless that is intermittent, which I shall now have to check.

While writing, I'll mention that I am getting frequent crashes of Copilot now that I have five supermarket OV2 databases loaded in. I wonder if that, and the POI non-display problem have to do with resource exhaustion?
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:

While writing, I'll mention that I am getting frequent crashes of Copilot now that I have five supermarket OV2 databases loaded in. I wonder if that, and the POI non-display problem have to do with resource exhaustion?

I agree, these problems and the TTS Roger voice problem all seem to be resource related.

I drove through Huddersfield yesterday with both the old and new camera alerts active (lots of camera alerts being given). I missed a turn causing a recalculation and CoPilot just died!
After a soft reset I dissabled the the alerts in custom and have been ok since Smile
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have nothing to do with the example quoted here, and I don't know if it happened with the original release of CP6 (I have only just changed to using OV2 files to input POIs), but I have experienced significant problems displaying the imported POIs on the PPC maps.

In my case (possibly hardware or OS version related - I don't know), a little investigation revealed that the bitmaps causing problems were all 256 colour ones, and the ones being displayed were 16 colour ones.

As to whether the problem is caused by the number of colours, or simply that the 256 colour files are much larger, I do not know. All I do know, is that in my case, loading the bitmaps into Microsoft Paint, and then re-saving with file type set to '16 Color Bitmap' before I copied them over to the PPC solved the problem.
Jamies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im having the same problem with Copilot crashing and not telling me or showing me when speed cameras are near. I am not very clever when it comes to this and have tried everything but cannot get them to display. can anyone help?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: