Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warning to Trailer towers re. Gatso's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning to Trailer towers re. Gatso's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Warning to Trailer towers re. Gatso's Reply with quote

recently I was zapped by a Gatso on the A303 Wiltshire for exceeding the speed limit whilst towing a trailer. I was in a long line of traffic which was doing 57mph in a 60 mph speed limit.(I know this as it is recorded on my GPS log) however as I was towing a caravan which is limited to 50 mph the Gatso zapped me. Now, I wasn't aware that cameras could differentiate types of vehicles & their particular speed limits, but this has since been confirmed by Wiltshire Police.

Secondly, if you are unfortunate enough to be stuck behind a trailer doing 50 mph on a 60 mph stretch of road, remember it is due to our boys in blue, god bless them all, who are enforcing the 50 mph speed limit for trailers.
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably one being used by a "insert your name of choice for the local constabulary revenue generation employee here".

It will know what speed each type of vehicle should be travelling at, and zap accordingly Evil or Very Mad
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to find out which manufacturers of GPS based speed alert devices are willing to add extra manus to select towing / HGV vehicle types to allow the unit to show the correct speed limit in force for that camera and that vehicle.

This won't be easy to ensure every possible site displays the right speed - eg on a 60mph dual carriageway a towing vehicle can still travel at 60mph, whereas on a single carriageway the limit is 50mph, and I'm not sure whether any of their databases have that level of knowledge to be able to offer it to the users.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: