Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - So...2.0.2 or 3.2 ????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

So...2.0.2 or 3.2 ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: So...2.0.2 or 3.2 ???? Reply with quote

So...2.0.2 or 3.2 ..... that is the question!!

I have loaded 3.2 version and it seems to work fine, though have only tried in Demo modes. The mid warning never seems to "fire" but the First and Last do , to which I have assigned some slightly irratating voices Rolling Eyes .

So after reading all the threads here, I can't work out why you all have gone back to an earlier version, am I missing something??? What problems have you found with 3.2 and should I uninstall and load in 2.0.2??

So why do you still have 2.0.2 and not version 3.2 ???

MTIA
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people had problems with 3.x and all went back to 2.0.2, that's the reason why we have 2.0.2 on our downloads page. However, I have been writing a review of 2.0.2 with the added features of 3.2, and tbh I haven't seen any problems. I have only tried the first and last, that's all I tend to use anyway.

A review of 3.2 will be hitting the website by tomorrow for all of those interested Thumbs Up !
compaq dave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using 3.2 with no problems and the program it self is great, Matty the mid warning never seems to "fire" because your not speeding ! its speed sensitive. The main problems are with the databases, the pocketgps database has no camera type or speed warning and lots and lots of false cameras (you may as well just have an alarm on a timer Rolling Eyes) The site affiliated with checkpoint has less cameras, speed warnings, camera type (red light, SPECS, ect) but lots of error added by stupid users for example, Traffic master, CCTV, and radar control traffic lights as speed cameras, also the same camera will be logged as three things (?, 50 mph, 60 mph).

What we really need is a paid for subscriber based, accurate database with camera types and speeds for use with checkpoint.

I will get of my soap box now Laughing
mstockha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: 3.2 seems to do the trick Reply with quote

after having been caught out by my normal upgrade frenzy passing 2.02 and installing everything since, it would seem that 3.2 returns to stability / normality. I even got the syncing feature to work! A nice additional feature is a small box at the top of the screen telling you the distance and direction of the POI / Speedcam. Nice, and stable.

Happy Gatso dodging

Mark

(ipaq 5555 with 256 Lexar SD card TTnav2.24 GPS 2.08 Checkpoint 3.2, Trafcam, Pretec CompactGPS + Ext Ant, way too many wires)
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, you said you were writing a review on version 3.2 is it completed yet and if so where is it,? Steve
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll apologise we have some big reviews we have been working on lately and some of the "smaller" reviews have been delayed slightly. The review is complete and should be available by tomorrow. Whack me with a baseball bat if it isn't! :P
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are people moving up to 3.2 or sticking with 2?

If I go to 3 can I still use the PocketGPS speed camera dbase or do I have to use the checkpoint one?

regards,

greg
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can move up to 3.2 and still use our database, but any cameras you record won't record the speed correctly, so it's better sticking with 2.0.2. having said that, we aren't currently adding speed to each camera, but we will be in the future.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big problem with 3.2 comes with recording cameras for databases such as the Pocket GPS one.

Version 2.0.2 records full details in the CheckPOInt.ov2 file - details of camera type and speed in the comments field, also it records the coordinates and a note that you've deleted a camera if you choose the "remove false POI" option.

Version 3.2 run without setting up synchronisation still uses the CheckPOInt.ov2 file - but doesn't record any comments and if you choose the "remove false POI" option, it actually deletes the point. This is less than useful.

Version 3.2 run with synchronisation is, if I remember rightly, completely useless for recording points for non-POIplace databases.

All you lack in version 2.0.2 is the 'arrow' feature that was introduced in version 3.2. If you wish to use the Pocket GPS database, then 2.0.2 is, I'd argue, the clear winner.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: