Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS World Speed Cameras on Route 66 vs 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS World Speed Cameras on Route 66 vs 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiggyToo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies - i was attempting to add some feedback on the pocket pc versus windows mobile versions of Route 66, the point was to add to the comment listed for Route 66 camera database install http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

i.e.

"Route 66 Smartphone Version Maybe Note: So far one person has reported getting the warnings working using a WM2005 based Smart Phone but with no details of how... "

Maybe I posted in the wrong place - sorry about that
Dadski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Please help - newbie with RAC 110 Reply with quote

Downloaded and installed the camera database all ok and the icons show up on maps just fine.

Problem I have is that I no longer get the flashing speed warnings that I got with the RAC pre-loaded .csv speed camera locations if I'm within the alert distance and travelling a little too fast.

This facility was in the Change settings:Configure alarm menu where you can set for audible and/or visible alarms. At first glance this seems to set an alarm at a user defined speed, but it also triggers alarms when approaching any fixed camera too quickly. In the case of the visible alarm it flashes a large speed warning sign on-screen. The feature is really good but doesn't seem to work with the pocketgpsworld .csv files.

Has anyone else found this problem and is there anything I can do to get the feature working again with the new files for fixed camera locations??

All help appreciated and thanks in advance.
leggoman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: route66 speed cams Reply with quote

Well route 66 smartphone/pda speed camseras
ok
I have a s620 running windows mobile 6.1 with route66 installed.
today i down loaded the speed camera installer frm route66 home page for smartphones,

The down loaded file I put on the my SD card using a card reader in my computer and run it,
The installer goes on to the internet and down loads the camer data base on to your card and installs the camers into a folder. called pois/britian and europe.
file extention are bmp and csv.
the info in the cvs file is in the format
-2.916444,54.883778,"A6 London Road",125,0

I had two maps on my phone GB and Europe. It down loaded both sets of camers for both maps.

when going in to route66 to setup the setting all speed carers where listed
for you to turn on or off.

My first short road test shows all is working ok.

Ill update this post as and when if I find anything strange.
My next thing is to see how our data base will react, after i have backed up my phone that is

Hope this is of some help.
liverpool558
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: hi guys Reply with quote

hi everyone,
im a new member to this forum so please be gentle Laughing Out Loud
im trying to install a new voice onto a RAC2000 pocket gps, i can seem to find any folder named pois or voice or anything connected with voices, where or how do i do this? ive read through the above instructions but nothing seems to work, any tips or suggestions would be gratefull, many thanks in advance guys.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: