Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Users techworldsg and pdagb on eBay - any comments?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Users techworldsg and pdagb on eBay - any comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Users techworldsg and pdagb on eBay - any comments? Reply with quote

Anybody have any experience in buying from a user called techworldsg on eBay?

He sells Bluetooth GPS receivers which look in the photos to be very similar to the Globalsat unit and which go for around the £100 mark.

However, his feedback is not that good (only 97.4% positive, with 1,956 positives, 37 neutrals and 52 negatives) and many of the positives are lukewarm rather than glowing. Also have to add £18.40 postage into the equation, plus a good chance of getting caught for £40 duty and VAT on entry into the UK.

I have also been looking at the GPSmart Bluetooth GPS being sold by pdagb at around £120, but UK-based so cheaper postage (£7) and no duty/VAT worries - also better feedback (99.2%, 128 positive, 1 negative). Again, anybody have any experience of this seller?

Lastly, is there much in it between the GlobalSat and the GPSmart units (for use with an iPAQ H5450 and TomTom Navigator 2)? (I have, naturally, read the reviews on this site)

ChrisDev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought a globalsat from pdagb. No problems at all. Battery life slightly better than the emtac, but unit is slightly larger.

Only 'issue' is that it should come with charger, external ariel etc but you have to pay extra for these if you want them.
markpeters
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: ebay purchases Reply with quote

Never purchased from the users mentioned on this formum but have had very good experiances when purchasing GPS items from ebay, bought a IPAQ 2210 and a TomTom GPS Kit for a very reasonable price Thumbs Up paid for my goods and received them all within 2 days of payment. I would recommend ebay purchases as a cost effective way to buy high quality GPS equipment.
wildwildcamper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re; Users techworldsg and pdagb on eBay - any comments? Reply with quote

Hi,

I purchased a gps mouse from techworldsg. See at this link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3049024205

The delivery wasn't the quickest, but they were prompt at answering emails. The unit came in a small cardborad box from Hong Kong (or somewhere like that).

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again from him.

Steve
wildwildcamper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re; Users techworldsg and pdagb on eBay - any comments? Reply with quote

Forgot to say...

Didn't pay any taxes etc. came by Royal Mail.

Apparently the 'tax squad' only tend to 'pick' on the larger packages which look more valuable (= more tax rev). When you win your bid, mail the seller imeadiately to tell them to send the goods as a 'gift' to avoid being taxed.

Hope the above helps.

Steve
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I bought my GlobalSat BC307 from techworldsg and had no problems at all. Had to pay a few quid in customs duty at the post office though - cant remember how much but I think it was around an extra £10.

GPS was exactly as advertised and has been working perfectly for around 6 months now.

Ian.
vlak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Holux GM270 from techworldsg for only £52 (near 50% the price of Holux.co.uk). In my case delivery was a bit slow, taking the maximum 12 business days, but email exchange with the buyer was good. Received item in perfect working order... and didn't get caught by the taxman!

How can you say 97.4% positive feedback is "not that good"??? I've read quite a few of the negatives, and a lot of them are from people moaning about paying duty on the purchase... isn't obvious if you're importing goods!

For the price, if you bid right... well recommended.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: