Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - route 66 not showing speed??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

route 66 not showing speed??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: route 66 not showing speed?? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just got a Airis T920B that has route 66 v7, the 1 problem I have is that it doesn't show your current speed on the screen at all...is there some way of turning this on...

Thanks in advance
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: route 66 not showing speed?? Reply with quote

Extract from review of R66 wrote:
One thing I do miss from the display that really should be present is current speed, its one of the few faults I can find with the human interface of the software
The above is an extract from my review of the R66 software which can be read HERE it is a real shame this is missing, as I like the application (once you get used to the nav to a specific destination, the interface just doesn't feel quite right) in use its quite good.

You can check you speedo against R66 by going in to "GPS Information" speed info is displayed on this display, not ideal but at least you can check the car to get an idea of your true speed (remember GPS speed is accurate when travelling in a straight line, and not going up/ down hills) - Mike
seanp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your reply, I wonder will they release a a new version that will show speed etc, in the manual that is on the cd, the pictures show that speed is displayed but on the actual unit it doesn't...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had another good look at the manual, I cannot find the speed displayed anywhere?
There are distance to go numerics showing KM but that is not speed, the only ref to speed is on page page 43/ 44 where you have the opertunity to set a warning speed (never exceed speed as I call it) -
Not too sure about a future version containing current GPS fed speed, but it would be a very nice addition if it were made - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: