Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MP3 player on 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MP3 player on 910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyarcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After more use I am finding the MP3 player to be very unreliable. I am constantly get the "there has been an error during playback" message after the end of the first song, and now more often than not even if I skip to the next track on resume it still comes up with the error requiring each song to be manually skipped when it gets to the end. The only way to relieve this is to reset the system, but I don't want to reset after every stop!
Hopefully Tomtom will come up with a fix in the next software update (and fingers crossed it will be soon!)
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally got a new cradle back today and guess what it still doesnt work arrrrggghhhhhhh

I can only assume that the 910 is faulty :x
pepperm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at my 910 and cradle and don't think either are actually faulty. I think there is a design problem. The excessive bouncing causes contact disconnection intermitently which some how results in resets. If I stabalise the whole assembly I don't get resets.

Mark
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well going over the same ground again with tomtom sigh.

IS there anyone on here that lives in the kent, south east area that has there 910 hooked up to there aux port on the car, so i can try mine in there car and theres in mine to try and find out where the problem lies.

I know its a pain but i would be most grateful.

Regards

Peter
tyranneous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyarcher wrote:
Got a reply from TomTom support about the pausing music during instructions.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

The option for pausing music while given route instructions is only intended for HiFi Bluetooth car speaker systems. When using the audio cable, music will always be paused when a route instruction is given. In future software releases we expect the option of pausing the music will only be asked when a HiFi Bluetooth device has been configured as an external speaker.

Kind regards,

Mathew
TomTom Customer Support Team

Ah. That sucks. Was rather hoping that it would be a bug they'd fix, 'cos it's annoying (well, it doesn't really bother me, but judging by the face she pulls, I'm fairly certain that my girlfriend is ready to throw the tomtom out of the window when it does it... probably a good thing it's near the wing mirror on the driver's side).

I guess the only way to sort it would be to disable voice altogether. Hmph. What's Tomtom like for implementing customer requested features? ;)

I've had another thought, just briefly - does anyone know of a tape adapter with bluetooth hifi? That would suit me perfectly if such a thing existed...

Also, I agree with what folks are saying about skip back/forward and a current song label on the main map display. That would be very useful indeed.

Regards,

-Russ
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyranneous wrote:

I've had another thought, just briefly - does anyone know of a tape adapter with bluetooth hifi? That would suit me perfectly if such a thing existed...

Regards,

-Russ

http://www.engadget.com/2005/02/23/the-abe-bt-80c-bluetooth-stereo-cassette/
tyranneous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, saw that before. At the very bottom of the page:

Quote:

Anyone seen this?

"Announcement

The development of the Abe BT 80C Bluetooth Cassette has been suspended until further notice. Since we announced our intention to develop this product, we have received quite a few enquires. We thank you for your interest and your support of our products. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you. "

If they've had so many enquiries why aren't they going to make it?!

Posted at 1:49PM on Jul 22nd 2005 by Sapan [ ! ]

Which sucks.
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, there is a firmware update now available for the go 910. Hook it up to tomtom home then login and click check for updates.

You can only download this via tomtom home.
This might cure the mp3 player's problems, I havn't had chance to try this out, let us know,

lydiachris
EOS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mrstella

I was same problem in my unit (nothing comes out from external speaker output), but mine began to work when I activate bluetooth.

Hope this will help you too....

Regards,

EOS
tyranneous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... the new update makes no difference to the pausing-mp3-while-reading-route-instructions "feature".

And, now that I've put more mp3s onto my tomtom, I'm now getting problems that some people have mentioned regarding "there was a problem with the audio playback" or whatever it is.

For the life of me I can't seem to make it play "Love is a long road" by Tom Petty and the heartbreakers. And it used to before I put more mp3s on there Sad

Is it just that Tomtom hates Tom Petty? I suppose there's probably one too many toms in that whole mix for it to be comfortable. I think its insecure...

-Russ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: