Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - External Antenna for Navman TMC Module?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

External Antenna for Navman TMC Module?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I said I would let you now how the T1 & the Maplin aerial, and Mikes Alder’s adapter performed on our trip to the Loire in France.
We left home at 6am, headed down to the M4, on the way got a green indicator after about 15 min’s with about 20 or so incidents on route.
Having auto re routing enabled, it kicked into life when we were past the Membury services, it picked up an incident at M4, M25 intersection, re routing us via Bagshot, then onto the M3, which was at a stand still, 5mph, exiting at the next junction & navigating us through outer London suburbs, passing Hampton court, then onto the M25 at J9, as M25 was closed between J10 & J15. No red indicators this side of the channel.
Exiting the ferry at Calais, it picked up GPS & TMC in seconds, headed for our first way point which was on the outskirts of Guines village. The next day headed for the Loire to our destination. T1 notified me of a couple of contra flows on route, which were correct and no other incidents.
We had 2 red indicators between, Guines & Rouen, A28. From Rouen to Le Mans, mapping errors were noted as we were driving on green fields and not on the A28, this gave spurious directions as the unit when encountering a road nearby would give directions from that road and not the road we were travelling on A28. This happened at the same places on the return trip.
We were based just outside a village called Mouliherne, between Angers and Tours. No problems getting around and no red indicators for the duration of our stay.
I found that this system worked as expected and was very pleased at the re routing on our outward journey, as I believe we would have missed the ferry, if travelling without it.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: