Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Iberia map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Iberia map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Iberia map Reply with quote

I have TT5 on my PDA with the Iberia map.
I know the roads in Spain chqnge every other week and nez ones crop up on what seems like a daily basis, but I have a strange problem around the Alicante area. My TT5 seems to be out by a street. What I mean by this is that it thinks I am travelling on a road heading to a junction but actually I am about 50M behind the position.
It works fine in other places so I don't think it is my receiver (Globalsat 338).

My map version for Spain is 562, is there a newer one released and has anyone else had problems like this?
Gatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
I have had no problems with mine in the said area or the rest of spain

I use the XDA2 with the Altina Bluetooth GBT708 and TT5 and the same map version
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Alicante a month ago and was using my Navman 510 running TomTom in a hire car and it work brilliantly.

You're right about the road changes mind!!, the apartment complex we were staying in was no hwere to be found on the TomTom map and there is a new motorway on the way to Elche and TomTom just showed me driving across a field for miles and miles !!!
BunnyBallerina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: algave on iberia plus - waste of time Reply with quote

I travelled around the Algarve region of Portugal last week and the Iberia plus map (on the cd set we got for the map upgrade about 1yr - 18 months ago) was a complete joke.

It made the major roads of Europe part of GB maps look really detailed in comparison. Considering this time last year I used the MRE to navigate round Majorca. OK it didn't have a lot of back roards but it was perfectly good for getting round the island and back to the hotel

Sizable towns in Portugal had just one road marked some just a coloured blob on a map. I know there is a lot of road building and expansion but.....

For example take a look at Albulfuria (sp) about 20m west of Faro
Really big town parts been there for years - has about four roads

Even the tiny map of portugal given away in the hire car was so much more detailed where we were
jguiver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Iberia Plus v632 - the current downloadable purchase, and found it very useful in the Algarve. I think the mapping for Portugal is much more detailed than on previous versions. Albufeira, for example, is fully detailed & it includes places like the newish Algarve Shopping Centre and other such horrors.

One thing to bear in mind which is more relevant there than in the UK - just because it's a road doesn't mean it has a tarmac surface!

I bought the map on the basis of the claim that Portugal is now 82% mapped, although I don't recall seeing the 'fully attributed' rider before, which appears here:

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/mds.php

In the Algarve, I found that pretty much all roads are there, and was able to navigate down to street name level for most of my needs.
BunnyBallerina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. My IB+ map is v 571
Most definately wouldn't recommend for navigating the Algarve

BB
Private
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TT 5 Iberia map version 571 (BunnyBallerina you are right the map details are quite bad - not only in the Algarve!), if I buy the Iberia map form the link below, will I get the same version or will it be an update version?

Also, I presume it will be compatible with TT5. Does anyone know?
Thanks for your help in advance!
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private wrote:
I have TT 5 Iberia map version 571 (BunnyBallerina you are right the map details are quite bad - not only in the Algarve!), if I buy the Iberia map form the link below, will I get the same version or will it be an update version?

Also, I presume it will be compatible with TT5. Does anyone know?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Hiya,
the version that you can download is v6xx - its a newer one. And yes, they are compatible with TT5.
Private
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help Hope68!!!
Private
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out Route 66 Navigate 7 - WOW!!!! the map coverage of Portugal is amazing much , much better than TomTom. I have TT5 but if your going to use a sat nav program in Portugal I definately recomend you buy Route 66 Navigate 7!!!!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: