Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ready, Steady, Navigate... the Gumball Rally 2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready, Steady, Navigate... the Gumball Rally 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Ready, Steady, Navigate... the Gumball Rally 2006 Reply with quote

Yesterday saw the West End of London brought to a standstill for the start of the annual Gumball Rally. Pall Mall and a few surrounding roads were closed as thousands of Gumball fans descended on the area to see the gleaming hardware. And they were not disappointed...

With over 120 entrants there was a wide range of automotive transport for the fans to drool over. Varying from the sublime to the ridiculous. There was everything there from a glorified golf cart, a VW camper reminiscent of the Barbadian Reggae Buses to some classic Bentleys and E-Type Jags. Of course there was a terrific turn out of super-sports cars and outright racing cars. Just about all models of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin could be spotted.

There were also some entrants from corporate sponsors from Windows Mobile, Absolute Poker, and ALK CoPilot. which is of course the reason I was there. CoPilot has a massive presence with all the Gumballers being kitted out with T-Mobile MDA Compact II PDA phones loaded with the latest Version of CoPilot 6, all linked back to CoPilot headquarters to allow us to view the Gumballers progress using the award winning ALK FleetCenter fleet management software. Click here to monitor the progress of the Gumballers.

To coincide with the 2006 Gumball rally T-Mobile are giving away CoPilot with some of their T-Mobile MDA Compact II bundles. Click here for more details.

Below are a selection of pictures from the day. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what the start of the Gumball Rally 2006 was like.

Just before the off. Dan, Michael, from CoPilot and me.

Dan preparing the T-Mobile MDA in the CoPilot Porsche 911.

The view from the drivers seat in the CoPilot Porsche.

There goes the CoPilot Porsche.

The crowds surrounding the cars down Pall Mall.

Guys you have been warned. Make sure you have the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed camera database installed...

Law enforcement??

These guys are making a statement.

Microsoft Windows Mobile sponsors.

Jodie Kidd starts the precession. Something happened to her half way through the field... She was kidnapped by one of the contestants.

No comfort here, but just check out the hardware... Note the security feature. No steering wheel!!!

Of course we have some interesting personalities... A suspiciously masculine Nun, in the Reggae bus blaring out church music.

Never did quite work out what the car was, but I did like the advertising... This was the Absolute Poker sponsored entry...

Fancy 18 hours driving in this? Open to the elements, and cramped as anything... They wouldn't let me join them Sad

Finally someone has stolen my number plate. Can I have it back please?

Last edited by MikeB on Mon May 01, 2006 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re the police lambo so thats where the camera cash is going then Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice pics there. Driving Thumbs Up
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Meant to go to this this year, but completely forgot. First I rememebered was when my brother sent me a picture to my mobile of that Lambo police car... git Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: