Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Post Code Wrong - Who to report to?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Code Wrong - Who to report to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Post Code Wrong - Who to report to? Reply with quote

I have found an post code where the i3 gives the wrong location. The house owner gave me the postcode and house number but the i3 takes me to an address 3 roads away.

The Royal Mail website confirms i have the correct postcode for the property and the address the i3 gives is wrong. Also when entering the postcode for the "wrong" address it gives the same address!! Two postcodes give the exact same address!!

1) Can you report this? If so, who to?

2) Is it worth it? I know i won't see the benefit unless i upgrade in say 2 years time.
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem with my home postcode, the i3 puts me on a road a few hundred yards away, not as if its a new estate or anything, the roads are over 100 years old, bit of a let down really.

I emailed them at the same link as a lot of people sent the complaints about the troubles with 2.9 but i never heard anything from them, so much for customer service. Sad
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this with the odd postcode - in fact I think my own, which certainly won't be anything new or recent.

I didn't have any problem actually using the street and house-number, though.

That's been the same when I was using v7 maps and now with v8. Whether it's entirely a mapping issue, or some software flaw in the i3, I'm not entirely sure.
north_country_boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand it, the i3 won't recognise my postcode or even if I do a full search for my road, but when i am driving down my road it displays the name on the top banner, weird!
Milkfloat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Post Codes and the mapping come from a differnet source.

Most likely the centroid of the postcode will take you to the nearest link. I have found a few occasions where it will take you to a completely wrong road usually when selecting commercial premises.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: