Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Ghost" camera??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ghost" camera??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: "Ghost" camera?? Reply with quote

Question

For some reason i cannot work out, i'm getting my checkpoint audible camera warning on my son's street - no camera anywhere near teh area.
i've soft-reset my Ipaq, and am not sure if it's a rogue "data entry" in the camera database or something.
i've swapped to map view and zoomed out of the street, and there's NO POI within 1km of the point where it thinks there is, so its got me beat.

Any ideas?
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using CheckPOInt to monitor any other POI overlays? If you are then check that they all have symbols (.bmp) defined, else you will not see the POI.

Richard
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
i've just been looking in a few of my settings and folders, and was about to post when i saw you'd replied to my previous:

I was about to ask the forum what the OV2 file called CheckPOInt might be - whilst i'm using checkpoint to monitor the UK speedcameras OV2 file, i'd wondered if for some reason the checkpoint app created a sort of dummy OV2 file. Or is this a file that gets created if you hit the assigned "record/add POI" hard-button, to store user-added POI's when checkpoint is running.
Interesetingly enough, that OV2 file doesn't have a symbol assigned, even though i've tried copying one of my existing ones, renaming it exactly as required, and then selecting only that POI file to be shown in navigator....
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the CheckPOInt.ov2 file is used to record positions. You should be able to associate a bitmap with it to see where the recorded points are. TTN will only look for new overlays when it is restarted, so make certain that TTN is not active. Use Exit under the File menu in the map display to stop TTN, if the satellite dish is still showing at the bottom RH corner of the screen then do a soft reset.

You could have recorded the ghost position using CheckPOInt, but you would still have to be monitoring that overlay for it to warn you.

Good luck.

Richard
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, looks like that CheckPOInt OV2 file was indeed the culprit!
managed to get a bmp file renamed to it, then it showed up on the map - and it is indeed where the hard-button "record POI" has been pressed.

great, now i dont hear the blasted speed camera warning going off when i get to my own house - no, i dont have a gatso anywere near!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: