Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jornada Owners - 2.22 WARNING!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jornada Owners - 2.22 WARNING!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Jornada Owners - 2.22 WARNING! Reply with quote

We have been alerted by a reader to a known issue that affects users with Jornada and TTNav2. If you attempt to upgrade to v2.22 you may experience problems with hard resets and subsequent difficulties with activation of TTNav.

TomTom are aware of this issue which may affect some or all models of Jornada. The problem prevents re-activation as following the hard reset the machine's unique ID changes and hence the re-activation fails as TT does not recognise the unit ID.

If you have a Jornada you would be well advised to hold off on upgrading to v2.22 until TT have resolved the issue, we will of course post an update when we have more news.

Thanks to our reader Roger Orchard for the heads-up.
StephenP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Jornada Owners - 2.22 WARNING! Reply with quote

Haven't got a Jornada myself, but 2.24 fixes "a possible application freeze at start-up on HP Jornada"

http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/download_navigator2.php

alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

just upgraded to nav2 no probs as yet but ill keep you guys posted ran it all day for 2 days and only needed to do 2 soft resets in run from caterbury 2 liverpool seems ok

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

update

working fine somehow i mange to corrupt the map data on my storage card have got a clue how i did it but a reinstall of the map on the stoage card sorted it thats all ive had a part from the usual soft resets every 6-7 hours

device Lumia 950 xl
Doghead
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a HP Jordana 565 on Ebay last week as a backup to my Axim.

Installed TomTom Nav 2 last night, ran a demo route, and everything seemed ok.

Then just thought I would try the option of installing TomTom "English Loud!" off the CD to see what difference it would make to volume.

It ran ok for 10 seconds and seemed considerably louder, then the volume dropped to a fraction of what it was before. Because I had still had the volume settings on the Jordana at maximum, with the "English Loud!", I think this blew the internal speaker.

Would be impossible to hear it now when driving. So not ideal, and another wire, but have got an old computer speaker, installed 2 "C" batteries in to its backhatch, and plugged it in to the headphone jack on the Jordana. The speaker will jam firmly inbetween the space of the passenger seats. Its the only way I can keep voice so as to not totally write-off the Jordana. (no idea about where and how much a new speaker for Jordana will be - probably too expensive)

However sometimes even the whisper goes from the Jordana and this stop all sounds from the speaker too.

So just a friendly warning to Jordana users if upgrading to "English Loud!" although maybe I was just unlucky.

Also got the RoyalTec Sapphire today from www.globalpositioningsystems.com and very impressed with it.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: blown speaker Reply with quote

the hp repair centre is just off j20 of the m6 near lymm if you have mastercare cover or insurance again this type of damage then id ring them up i sent mine in to them as the screen went all funny and wouldnt display any image i took it in and they sent it back to me with in 2 weeks Thumbs Up

device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: