Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - City Navigator Europe V8 Free !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

City Navigator Europe V8 Free !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmat6969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: City Navigator Europe V8 Free !! Reply with quote

I was recently sent a new power lead for my i3 mine had broke, now garmin have sent me a city navigator europe v8 upgrade disc any one know why ?? and what i'm supposed to do with the disc or is it just a error by garmin ?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: City Navigator Europe V8 Free !! Reply with quote

bigmat6969 wrote:
garmin have sent me a city navigator europe v8 upgrade disc any one know why ?? and what i'm supposed to do with the disc

Send it to me, if you like... :D
mpeard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: CN Europe v8 Free Reply with quote

The CD is actually free and I'm not aware that Garmin check whether you even own a GPS unit before sending the disc.

HOWEVER, you pay to unlock the maps and this is approx £50 in the UK.

I can't believe the number of people on Ebay that by a FREE UPDATE DISC for £20-£50!! Just do a seach for City Navigator.

Mark
paradime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been previously mentioned elsewhere, you need to have a full version of City Select Europe V7 installed and unlocked before this V8 update can work.

If you unlocked your full version of the previous software (as above) AFTER the release date for Navigator Version 8, then you are entitled to the FREE upgrade. Otherwise there will be a charge as mentioned on previous post.

I think the Release date (for the above purposes) of Version 8 was 1 January (yes I know it wasn't available until March !)

Hope that clarifies a couple of points

Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: