Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Rider with Starcom Bluetooth?!? HELP!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Rider with Starcom Bluetooth?!? HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: TomTom Rider with Starcom Bluetooth?!? HELP! Reply with quote

Help! I have a TomTom Rider, and just installed a Starcom Advanced rider/pillion intercom system. I am having a bit of a problem with it.

In a nutshell, after both systems were installed, I switched on the TomTom. I then (trust me on this, it's the only way it works) unpaired it with both my phone AND my Starcom, so the TomTom was not paired with anything. Then I paired it with the Starcom Advanced BTM (Bluetooth Module) as a headset. This worked fine. Then I paired the TomTom with my phone (a Nokia 7280). Again, this worked fine. I then tested everything out, and it worked great. However, as soon as I switch off the TomTom and switch it back on again, weird things happen. It connects back up with phone and headset, telling me everything is fine. I get voice instructions from the TomTom through my headset, so the pairing would appear to be working. And I can dial my phone, so that pairing would appear to be fine. However, for some bizarre reason, even though TomTom has connected fine to my phone and my Starcom, I don't hear any sound from the phone through my helmet speakers. And the person I am calling doesn't hear me either. Phone dials OK, but the headset isn't working. But it worked fine before switching the TomTom off and back on again.

What is going on? If I repeat the process of unpairing everything, then re-pairing headset (Starcom) then phone, it works again. But only as long as the TomTom is switched on. Also, I cannot activate the pairing function on my Starcom Bluetooth module without switching it off, unpairing the TomTom, then switching it (the Starcom module) back on again!

Basically it's driving me mental! It seems to work fine. But the phone connection doesn't activate the audio connection after switching TomTom off and back on again. Everything else carries on working. Audio instructions and POI (speed camera) warnings come through loud and clear. MP3 player comes through loud and clear. Phone dials and rings (although no sound is heard on the headset, only visual indications on TomTom screen) through the TomTom, just can't hear or speak to the other person!

Anyone come across this? Found a solution? Please help!
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a bit of double checking and this is definitely down to the pairing between the TomTom and the Starcom Bluetooth Module. If I pair back up with the TomTom headset that comes with the Rider, it works fine, so I have at least narrowed the problem down to the link between TomTom and Starcom. Can anyone help with this one?
Ellen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get this straight with you... You've had no issues pairing TomTom Rider with Starcom (though the Bluetooth module) in terms of hearing the voice instructions? I ask because TomTom support have told me that Rider and Starcom are not compatible because of Bluetooth versions.
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellen wrote:
Can I get this straight with you... You've had no issues pairing TomTom Rider with Starcom (though the Bluetooth module) in terms of hearing the voice instructions? I ask because TomTom support have told me that Rider and Starcom are not compatible because of Bluetooth versions.

Hi Ellen,

That's right. I have no problems at all pairing the Rider with the Starcom Bluetooth for voice instructions, it's just the hands free calling I can't get to work.
Ellen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Goshdarnit wrote:
That's right. I have no problems at all pairing the Rider with the Starcom Bluetooth for voice instructions, it's just the hands free calling I can't get to work.

Thank you x
gigino6666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: just for voice instructions. Reply with quote

so if you use the starcom only for voice instructions and not the phone does the pairing survive a tomtom reboot?
I am asking as I am interested to get the starcom only for rider pillion coms and maybe music but would like to get the tomtom connected to it as otherwise I would have 2 headset in the helmet.
can I go out and buy it safe that at least the instructions will work?
thanks
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: just for voice instructions. Reply with quote

gigino6666 wrote:
so if you use the starcom only for voice instructions and not the phone does the pairing survive a tomtom reboot?
I am asking as I am interested to get the starcom only for rider pillion coms and maybe music but would like to get the tomtom connected to it as otherwise I would have 2 headset in the helmet.
can I go out and buy it safe that at least the instructions will work?
thanks

Yep. No worries there. It survives a reboot fine. 2 headsets in the helmet don't work. I tried that, and you can't (or I couldn't anyway) position them so you can hear both. I could only hear one or the other. But the setup you are talking about is exactly what I have, and it works absolutely fine. Just the phone calling side that doesn't. Bear in mind you'll need the Starcom Bluetooth module as well (about £90 extra) to use Tomtom with Starcom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: