Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TROUBLE DOWNLOADING POI AND SAFETY CAMERAS ONTO GARMIN i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TROUBLE DOWNLOADING POI AND SAFETY CAMERAS ONTO GARMIN i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWIFT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: TROUBLE DOWNLOADING POI AND SAFETY CAMERAS ONTO GARMIN i3 Reply with quote

READ Confused

I am having trouble installing the PocketGPSWorld.com Safety Camera Database for the Garmin i3.

I was given a Garmin i3 for a present and managed to install the POI Loader Safety Camera Database but when going to retrieve the latest version of the POI Loader application all the software on the GPS crashed and was lost.

I had to return the chip to Garmin to be replaced. A letter was sent with the chip to which no-one has replied to asking for simple instructions on how to carry out these operations because although I have printed off the instructions once into the POI Loader downloading area my computer does not take me into areas highlighted in the instructions.

When I received the new chip this would not install the software and I had to telephone Garmin who recommended that I take the item back to Halfords where it was purchased from. I now have a new Garmin i3 but am very afraid that the same thing is going to happen and am very nervous about installing the Safety Cameras etc. In fact I have tried and it has not been successful.

Can I telephone anyone who can talk me through this operation?

Should there be a certain sequence of updating versions of software, ie POI Loader application before Safety Cameras, or vise-versa?

Am I being denied access to download any software because it appears I have already done this process once?

I appear to have the Garmin POI Loader folder with various files within it on my computer but Please How Do I get this information onto the Garmin StreetPilot i3.

Could you please explain in simple language and clearly how this all works, eg how/what the POI Loader and the files do. What purpose does the POI Loader serve? Is it just the means for downloading information, eg the Safety Cameras and updating Garmin software already installed, eg street names, places, etc. If I have a clearer understanding of this I may know what I am doing.

I welcome your comments as soon as possible.

I will need to know what I am doing as I will need to install updates at some point even when I have managed to download information this time.

Thank you.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read our guide, downloadable from the following page:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/garmin-poi-loader-speed-cameras.php
SWIFT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Read our guide, downloadable from the following page:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/garmin-poi-loader-speed-cameras.php

I have read the guide but if the computer does not go to the stages mentioned then what do you do.

As stated really would like to contact someone to guide me through the stages so that the software is not messed up again. Is this not at all possible because yet again the reply is so short and sweet and I have already tried to do this following the instructions.

Please can I speak with someone if you give me a contact number.

This is an impossible situation where you cannot get any further help than read the instructions which I already have done.

Many thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: