Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSASSIST - History?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSASSIST - History?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: GPSASSIST - History? Reply with quote

Hi

I see that the GPSassist forum has now been removed and even the website link to it seems to have gone(or been moved to somewhere I can't find).
Does this mean that GPSassist will not be developed further?
It'll be a shame if it isn't, unless some other bright bod decides to come up with something similar. Maybe TomTom are planning to integrate some of the GPSasist features - do you have any inside info on that?
The GPSassist feature which enables point-to-point route planning is invaluable because it fills a glaring gap in Navigator.
Regards
Ted

PS New speed of your server much appreciated - but I'm a bit doubtful about the search engine; the words GPSassist and Checkpoint got no results!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSAssist is still around and available at the main website http://www.autoreplying.com/gpsassist.htm.

We removed several forums that weren't getting many posts in the migration, and decided to merge all TomTom add-ons into the TomTom forum.

AFAIK GPSAssist still hasn't commenced it's face lift, not sure when this will happen, it sounds like Jo Devulder has a lot more on his plate with his new job and other things, that it might not come soon.

I spoke with TomTom on Friday, and they have several new things on the horizon (all hush hush), but I'm not aware of integrating any of the GPSAssist features into TTN2. I doubt TomTom would want to cut their third party developers off in this way.

Thanks regarding the speed. The Search Engine we will probably remove shortly. What we've done is added a content management system to the website to make updating easier, and this covers the main news page and forum, so the search facility won't search reviews and articles. You will still find the GPS Assist review available in our menus though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: