Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route Planning Help with Tom Tom 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route Planning Help with Tom Tom 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cris_Ali_S1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Route Planning Help with Tom Tom 2 Reply with quote

Just returned from a stunning trip to the Alps where I used Tom Tom2 and the European Maps.

I was part of a group of sports cars travelling around the Alps which had a specific route to complete during the course of each day. Naturally this route wasn't the quickest route between the start point and end point of the day. Infact the Short route option in Tom Tom still didn't off the route I was wanting.

In the end I had to set up about 15 favorites for each day on the planned route and pre check them to make sure that Tom Tom choose the correct route. Then during the day stop 15 times to navigate to next favorite....a real hassle.

During the trip I was talking to someone who believed there is an addon to Tom which would allow me to navigate through a number of favorites to an end location.

Is there such an add on or have I missed something in the software itself.

Tom Tom worked beautifully in the Alps and on the high mountain passes was able to give a whole load of information about what was happening to the road around the next bend. Very usefull as we weren't hanging around. Only got itself confused a couple of times on high mountain sides where it struggled to work out which bit of the winding road it was on.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky beggar Wink I think they may have been referring to GPSAssist which plugs-in to TTNav and has a Point to Point navigation feature which enables you to plan routes with intermediate stops.

See http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=51

The app can be trialled but the full version costs Eur27.00 and we have a full review at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/gpsassist.php
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a round trip from the UK to the Italian lakes using a number of different GPS applications this summer.

My favourite was TomTom Navigator it's only weak point was navigating over map borders, or even finding them in some circumstances. The map detail was fabulous in most cases.

I also used destinator, but only had main roads, and was very interesting when coming up to roundabouts where it only recognised the main roads.

My GPS was the GlobalSat serial mouse. This performed really well including a very fast re-acquisition after emerging from the 12.5 mile Gotthard tunnel.
Cris_Ali_S1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

Thanks for that...... it is exactly what I am looking for......roll on next September so I can try out with avengence in the Alps.

Cris :D
omaruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cris_Ali

I take it you did the Stelvio run then, hopefully will be doing it next year too.

Omar_Norfolk_mustard S1
Cris_Ali_S1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Will I be doing Stelvio next year Reply with quote

Absolutely if I have anything to do with it!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: