Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Virgin h5550/Tom2 user
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Virgin h5550/Tom2 user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Virgin h5550/Tom2 user Reply with quote

After seeing my brother's ipaq with GPS in action last weekend I went out and brought the above - I am really chuffed to bits with it !! :D

However I do have some questions if anyone could help.

Can I use the tomtom citymaps with this system and if so are there any available for the UK ? - I take it they have alot more detail on them.

Is there anyway I could use this system as a tracking device ? Maybe I could log onto the net while the user is out and track them ? Is this possable ? extra hardware ?

Is it possable to have too many of the same poi's on the map - Duplicates ?
If I see another of the same poi to download how can I tell which is the more upto date one ?

Thanks

Simon
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Virgin h5550/Tom2 user Reply with quote

Saul wrote:
Can I use the tomtom citymaps with this system and if so are there any available for the UK ? - I take it they have alot more detail on them.

You could do that. Citymaps for the UK are available but be aware that they do not have more details than the Navigator maps -rather the other way round. I would recommend using the Navigator or the Maps-Online applications

Saul wrote:

Is there anyway I could use this system as a tracking device ? Maybe I could log onto the net while the user is out and track them ? Is this possable ? extra hardware ?

No, TomTom do not support this. You would have to use TravRoute CoPilot if you really needed tracking, and it requires a permanent Internet connection (via GPRS or similiar)

Saul wrote:

Is it possable to have too many of the same poi's on the map - Duplicates ?
If I see another of the same poi to download how can I tell which is the more upto date one ?

The number of POIs you can have is a function of the available memory, and the more you have the more unstable TomTom gets. At some point it will even refuse to start until you removed one of the POI files. Black magic, if you ask me Confused

This website here features a POI Synchronization service that takes care of duplicates. They are not a big problem anyhow, just a nuisance because the icons get displayed on top of each other.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: