Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GNAV10 Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GNAV10 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: GNAV10 Problems Reply with quote

Hey all

have recieved the unit today and all it says is signal too low, check antenna. I have contacted the catalogue i got it from and they cant replace it for around 28 days so was hoping it was something i can fix. In the car it connects to none or sometimes 1 satellite. And about the same when walking around, although it did reach 3 at one brief moment, have spoken to goodmans who were pretty unhelpful really, n said i need at least 4 connections for it to work. Anyone else had this problem and was it fixable or will i just have to wait a month for another one?

Wayne.
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have had issues with the signal on this unit and have bought external antennas. I think one guy picked one up for about 10 quid. If you search this section of the forum you will find links to the products which people bought.

I personally have had no problems with it. On initail set up or after a reset it can take some time to pick up sats but then it should be fine and get them pretty quickly after that.

Some common probs are: switching the unit off at the battery switch (this is a hard reset and causes unit to take a while to hook up again).

The obvious -make sure the antenna is parallell with a clear view of the sky (no obstructions).

Heted windcreen or auto wioers can have an effect on the signal (do you have these).

I do have auto wipers but don't have a problem-I think this only causes an issue if you locate the unit too close to the sensor.

If none of these issues are the cause it may just be faulty unit. Others just bought the external antenna. I don't know if it has anything to do with geographical area. I have used mine mainly in the North West as far down as Staffordshire and have had no problems at all.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
Wayney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

hey,

i have a picasso which apparently just has standard windows and i tried using it walking down the street with no luck. I contacted the company i got it from and managed to get them to send another one out sooner and all being well should have it today. So hopefully will have more luck with it :P
Wayney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i just got my new sat nav, on foot it seems to work fine, in the car i only get 0 - 2 satelites. I contacted citroen and they said my windscreen is standard and should effect it, but have ordered one of them antenna things anyway so hopfully all shud be well Smile
gklrgibson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a picaso and use GNAV10. I'm just outside Edinburgh and have a rubbish signal when using just the unit's aerial. Went to Maplins who have an auxilliary aerial for £9.99. Now works okay. I've routed my cables behind window rubbers and dashboard. The antenna is tucked into the windscreen surround above drivers head and cables are all hidden. One word of warning, I'm on my second Goodmans GNAV10 as the first ones aerial connection broke away after one weeks use...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: