Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fed up with Quest 2 Re-Draw & Re-Calculation delays!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed up with Quest 2 Re-Draw & Re-Calculation delays!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skellum
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Fed up with Quest 2 Re-Draw & Re-Calculation delays! Reply with quote

Garmin doesn't seem to realise how frustrated their customers are getting with these problems! surely they can see that they risk losing out long term to Tom Tom or similar. I am certainly considering it - Their Customer Service has told me that they have no update in the pipeline!
When the Quest/Quest 2 is working well it is a great bit of kit but when it isn't, it can be worse than not having a GPS!

Come on Garmin - wake up to the problems you have before you lose out long term!! Exclamation
cal50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used mine for about a week. Some times it is pretty quick. Other times you wonder if it's locked up or still thinking. I searched for places of interest by me. Once it was fast. The next time I was showing a friend and it about 2 minutes running. I am in the U.S. so I have no idea if the export version is the same. The U.S. city select V8 North America is not released yet. I am waiting to register after the release. I hope something is addressed to speed up the unit or at least make it consistent. I am running the latest firmware also. Nice unit overall. I did get a amplified external antenna I will try this weekend.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: