Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator and Tomtom issue?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator and Tomtom issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Destinator and Tomtom issue? Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum now, but this is the only one I have found that might be discussing Destinator smartphone. (There is a Destinator forum for Pocket PC, though)

I have installed Destinator Smartphone Europe on my Qtek 8010, following the instructions to the letter. According to the product info Destinator Smartphone and Qtek 8010 are compatible.

I bought the phone and the software separately (but from the same supplier) intending to use it with a Tomtom bluetooth GPS receiver. The Tomtom is recognised by and paired to the Qtek, but no communication takes place when I start Destinator. The error message is "No GPS found".

Destinator support says that some software that I have installed in the Qtek is occupying the COM ports that are needed (inbound COM6 and outbound COM7) but I have none. The supplier support department hints at compatibility issues between Tomtom and Qtek but gives no specific information about which GPS receiver that might work better.

Compatibility looks like a probable explanation since Qziexplorer on my Ipaq H4150 works happily with Tomtom. I have tested exactly the same settings on the Qtek that work on the Ipaq, but no success.

Does anybody have a solution to my problem?

Carl
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

i did use destinator for a short time

make sure when running destinator that you are in navigation mode and not planning mode as the gps reciever will only connect and work in navigation mode

i had no problem using tomtom bluetooth reciever it always connected although from memory in the settings on destinator i think i had to change the com port to get it to work but once set it always worked

hope this helps

erniew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: