Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Login Name (No Reminder)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Login Name (No Reminder)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AParky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New Login Name (No Reminder) Reply with quote

Just hade to login as a new user as I use a cookie to remember me and log me straight in to the forums. Since the update I had to re login but could not remember my password. As there is no password reminder prompt I have had to re register as a new user. It would be beneficial to have a reminder prompt at login if possible. Also, where's the General forum gone. Had to post this here, but I know it's a bit off topic.

Regards
Alan
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New Login Name (No Reminder) Reply with quote

Just send me an email with your previous login name and email address and I'll dig it out for you. Unfortunately the forum doesn't have a reminder prompt. To code one would take an eternity as it would require quite a lot of coding to do so.

We're cleaning up the forums getting rid of all the dead wood. 95% of posts in the General forum, should have gone elsewhere, e.g. TomTom or Navman forums, seeing that it used to be used by many as a bin collector for anyone who couldn't be bothered to find the correct forum to post in, we've removed it today. We'll be consolidating a few other forums where there are very little posts, to make the whole lot a lot cleaner and easy to find the right forum to use.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Whilst I understand wanting to get rid of the forum dustbin (the old General forum), I wonder if would have any value if you could bring back the posts and make the forum Read Only?

Some of the stuff there may be useful for searching (and/or may be linked to other threads - but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd checked for that).

Certainly that's the way forums are decommissioned on the Dell Forums - they're locked, with the last post by an Administrator saying what happened and why.

Having said that, I'm not that upset that the posts have gone - I recall General being just as you described, Dave.

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

David, don't worry, the posts are still here, we haven't deleted any, they've just been moved into the forums relevant for their topic. A high percentage of the posts in General were relevant to other forums, just people didn't post in the correct location, we had anything from TomTom posts, to Navman posts, to Haicom posts in there. They've all been relocated to what should have been their correct home.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

In that case - congratulations for going through all that stuff and sorting it out! I had assumed (incorrectly) that you'd taken the easy option of deleting all the old posts.

This just goes to show how much work is being put in "behind the scenes". You're doing a tremendous amount for Pocket GPS on top of your "real life" job, Dave, and I think many people, including me, are in your debt.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: