Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Determining new route" permanently displayed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Determining new route" permanently displayed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: "Determining new route" permanently displayed Reply with quote

For any journey longer than about 1 mile I get "Determining new route" permanently displayed on my Vario screen. It was working but a re-install hasn't fixed it. Any ideas anyone please?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnop writes that he permanently gets the message "Determining new route" displayed.

More specifically, I get the same message in Guidance Mode until, but only until, the car starts moving. It is a nuisance and prevents review of the route before the journey begins unless one goes into Planning mode. The fact that it does not happen in Planning mode suggests that there is no good reason why it should happen at all.

Hopefully, this will be fixed when the patch comes out.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem too. I just get it to calculate a detour (which it does within seconds) and then cancel the detour (again seconds) - problem worked around!
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 writes:

Quote:
... calculate a detour... then cancel the detour... problem worked around!

It's interesting to note the difference here. The workaround does not work for me. I suppose this must be because I run a different PPC, different OS, a different issue of CP 6 or a combination of these.

This gives me the opportunity to correct an unintentional exaggeration Embarassed that I made. Contrary to what I said earlier on this thread, I can review the route on the map, despite the persistent "determining new route" message. However, CP 6 won't show the road mileage (as opposed to the as-the-crow-flies mileage) until the car moves.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had occasion to review a route for real in Guidance mode while "Determining New Route" was displayed. To my surprise, although a full route had been calculated (despite the message), it started from a point of origin about seven miles away from where I actually was. The situation was corrected as soon as my car started to move. Also, the correct point of original was shown in Walking mode Confused

It seems after all that reviewings route in Guidance mode is not reliable.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: