Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Weekend in Belgium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend in Belgium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkangelesk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Weekend in Belgium Reply with quote

Hi,

I am due to drive to Belgium at the weekend and would just like to check that I have got this right. I have Tomtom 5 and an IPAQ with a 1gb SD card in.

I am driving, albeit briefly through France and onto Belgium. The simplest to way to get there is to have UK plus maps installed and then France and Benelux maps as well.

This will then allow me to have major roads of Europe and local roads when needed in Belgium and if need be France.

Is this correct?

Also, is there any thoughts on whether tomtom will allow us 5 users to upade our maps for a nominal fee, particularly after having paid for an upgrade from vs 3?

Thanks

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Weekend in Belgium Reply with quote

arkangelesk wrote:
I am driving, albeit briefly through France and onto Belgium. The simplest to way to get there is to have UK plus maps installed and then France and Benelux maps as well.
This will then allow me to have major roads of Europe and local roads when needed in Belgium and if need be France.
Is this correct?
Yes this is correct, you have the option to select the different country if you want street level mapping or just stick with the major roads of Europe from the GB Plus map - Mike
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will work fine. The only drawback you will find is that, if you're trying to go to a specific address in Belgium, then at some point once you're in Belgium you'll need to swap maps from GPplus to Benelux to give you street level navigation. It's a minor thing and if you've already got GBplus on your PDA then probably easiest.

However, if you're starting from an empty card (and assuming you've got the full European maps), you'd be better using GB(ordinary) and Benelux plus. That way you ge to change maps while you're crossing the channel, and once you're reached the French side you can navigate directly to a Belgian street address.

Of course if you've already got GBplus on your 1GB card, AND have enough room to load the Benelux plus map just for your weekend away, then I'd do that.

FWIW I travel to the Netherlands a lot and my permanent setup (on a 512M card) is GB(ordinary) and Benelux Plus. I never really need to do cross-channel navigation (so GBplus doesn't add much value), but do want to do cross-border navigation in mainland Europe and street level navigation within the Netherlands.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: