Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go which ov2 files do I need complete coverage?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go which ov2 files do I need complete coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainamerica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go which ov2 files do I need complete coverage? Reply with quote

Help!
Not being the most switched on at updating my TomTom Go I have downloaded the database and I am confronted by a selection of files. The files marked ov2 bmp are obviously the files I need. I then have two other files, a single file version and speed zoned. The single file version obviously provides just a warning whereas the speed zoned provides the speed limit as well. My question is the ov2 bmp files seem to include red light cameras whereas the speed zoned files do not appear to carry a red light camera file. Do I need to download the standard ov2 bmp files followed by the speed version, pls advise.

Having spent some time in Florida and not bothered by cameras as much as patrolmen equipped with radar and lasers I am loathed to admit I do not know what a “specs” camera is? I am sure someone can enlighten me.

Any help appreciated
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi captainamerica,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

There are some guides that should be read (in the following order):

Arrow The beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database.
This explains about the different camera types and about categories and subcategories, so that you can decide how you want the database on your unit.

Depending on whether you have TomTom Navigator on a Pocket PC or TomTom GO, please read either:

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto a Pocket PC running TomTom Navigator 5.

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO, Rider, or One.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto your TomTom GO, Rider, or One.

Once you have installed, set up, and used the PocketGPSWorld camera database for a while on your TomTom SatNav system. You may want to share and send in details of cameras yourself. You can do this by using the PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility:

Arrow The PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility.
You do not need the PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility on your TomTom SatNav system in order to use the PocketGPSWorld camera database. However if you want to send in camera details then POI Capture makes the process of recording cameras much easier on TomTom Navigator and GO (original, 300, 500, and 700). At the moment POI Capture will not work with TomTom Rider, One, and mobile. This is for a technical reason, which we hope, will soon be rectified by TomTom.

The above guides may look lengthy and complicated when first seen. However if you grab a cup of coffee and read each one thoroughly then they should make sense as they have been written in a step-by-step way, for ease of reading.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
captainamerica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:P

Thanks for the heads up, as you say the info is all there its just finding them in a maze of good stuff.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And specs cameras record average speed over a fixed distance using number plate recognition software. So they are at least in pairs and often more.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: