Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq2210 and USB port
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq2210 and USB port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srenee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Ipaq2210 and USB port Reply with quote

Hi,

After a great deal of thinking I have bought Ipaq2210 and only after the delivery I have relised that it only has USB syncronous cable and does not have Serial port along with it.

I have Windows NT installed at home and WIndows does not support USB port, can any of you kindly suggest any other solution (other than Installing other windows operating system)

does Ipaq 2210 support serial port ?

looking forward to hear your comments and suggestions.

Many thanx in advance

Rgds,Srini
nissemus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Ipaq2210 and USB port Reply with quote

Have a look round on the Web for a USB-Serial adaptor cable.

Mark

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I haven't tried the 2210 on a serial connection, but in theory it should work. USB to Serial cables tend to come in at around £15, pretty expensive for what they are, if you want one quickly you can pop along to a local PC World, they usually do them.
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

Most of the recent Ipaq are shipped with a USB/Serial conbined cradle/cable. Is yours not the case?

If not, you should be able to get one from HP, serial only or combined, for reasonable cost.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately Ronald, HP have taken the decision to only ship USB with the 2210/2215's.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

A USB to serial cable for a PC seems the wrong decision for a machine running Windows NT 4.0 - as NT 4.0 has no USB support. That's the problem in the first place!

The right move, I think, is to pick up a serial cable for the iPAQ. As it uses the same cables as the 3800, 3900 and 5000 series iPAQs, this shouldn't be a problem. I believe the official HP/Compaq USB/Serial cable allows you to connect the charger, but I don't have one to try it.

A serial cradle is much trickier. If, as Dave says, HP haven't produced one, then you're probably stuck. I can't think there'll be a sufficient market to justify an aftermarket supplier making one, and a 3800/3900/5000 series cradle is physically incompatible.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: