Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 BT and Memory Map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 BT and Memory Map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_Soper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 BT and Memory Map Reply with quote

I have just replaced my old GPS setup (IPAQ 3950 + CoPilot Sleeve) which was stolen from my car(!) with a Dell Axim X50v and TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth.

Am now trying to get Memory Map working with it, and can't.

There is a lot on this and other forums about (I think) earlier versions of TomTom BT hijacking the BT port and blocking any other app, but this appears to be fixed now(?).

I have tried selecting settings at random in the Memory Map GPS Setup screen, but consistently get either Cannot Open Port, or GPS Timeout.

Can anybody advise what settings I should be using, and whether I need to do anything special with the TomTom BT software?

Thanks,

Pete
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, what opperating system are you using on the Dell, is it 2003SE or have you upgraded to WM2005 by any chance? - Mike
Peter_Soper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've managed to get it working now. I tried all combinations of all settings! The problem was the port number, which, as indicated in some other posts, bears no relationship to being logical at all! I set MM to use an un-used port, and all is OK.

Thanks for coming back.

(OT:BTW I tried WM2005, and reverted back after about 2 days....)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you for the switch back to WM2003 - if it was the power loss when switched off, discharging the battery then keep yor eyes on the Dell site as an upgrade to the original release of 2005 is due out (at least thats what they said mid december - six weeks so any time now - hopefully) - mike
brucebb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: wm2005 issues? Reply with quote

new to the forum and found this thread, exactly what I needed. Using an iMate jasjar running wm2005 and a tomtom bluetooth set but can't get them to work together, there is no option. Seems like the posters here know what to do, can you help?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the bluetoothmanger in the jasjar there is a tab called comports, select this and then select new outgoing port, hightlight the gps reciever and tick serial port then select either com8 or com 4 fom the drop down list, uncheck secure connectiom then finish.

now start tomtom and go the set up the gps reciver in tomtom, select tomtom wireless receiver and select ok the little yellow and black disc in the top righthand corner should now be spinning this means the gps is connected

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: