Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First time post, plenty of Q’s :)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First time post, plenty of Q’s :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: First time post, plenty of Q’s :) Reply with quote

Hello peeps, found this forum and like what I see, plenty of folk with good answers Smile

First off I own a 3850 iPaq and want to get PPC Windows 2003 on it, Where on earth can I buy it. I want to go to a website, click buy, and have it delivered, is it not that easy? had it a while so the upgrade thing is out of the question Sad

Secondly what is the max sizes these iPaq can take in removable media? I tried a Compact Flash 512MB in my BlueTooth Jacket and it said "Cannot recognise card" It is a 10x one, is that a problem?

I also tried a 128 MMC card which worked fine, but will it take more? I'm on a mission to have as much space as possible on my iPaq.

And finally, which might be solved with Windows 2003, When I have birthdays in my contacts list, is there anyway to make them show up on the "Upcoming appointments" on the today screen? I always seem to forget peoples birthdays, and thought this would be cool. If not, then is there any plugins or software to do this?

Thanks for your time.

pgudge
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: First time post, plenty of Q’s :) Reply with quote

Currently WM2003 isn't available yet for the 3800 series iPAQ, last I heard September was going to be the release date, but I think this may have slipped for the upgrade CD's.

Removable media, I have a PCMCIA sleeve running 5GB, an SD card running 512mb and a CF sleeve running 1GB.

In theory there is no upper card size limit, if companies keep churning them out, the Pocket PC's should be able to support the larger sized cards.

There is a way to show birthdays in the upcoming appointments, but I can't remember how this is done. I remember seeing a FAQ somewhere on another Pocket PC site about this, I'll let you know if I find this.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I thought October was the proposed ship date for the upgrade for the 3800 series.

It looks like it's not going to be cheap. I've ordered my 3970 upgrade from insight.com. The price was nearly 45 pounds including P&P, in line with HP's announced RRP for the EU, but a disgrace really when you consider that it's US$25 in the States. It's not in stock either.

If you go to http://www.insight.com/uk and enter iPAQ 2003 in the search box you'll see that they're listing the upgrade kits for the 5450, 3970 and 3870 - but not those for the non-Bluetooth models (3950 and 3850).

Upcoming appointments - go to Handango and search for tAgenda - a great piece of freeware that is, in my view, heaps better than the Tasks / Calendar / Inbox plugins built in to Pocket PC 2002.

David
pgudge
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, I installed tAgenda, but it still dont show up and coming birthdays Sad

On the subject of CF and SD/MMC which cards/brand do you recomend, if any?

paul

pgudge
stuart
Frequent Visitor

I have just downloaded tAgenda and got it to work first time. Now I shouldn't miss my wedding anniversary in November.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: