Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest 2 on a motorcycle.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest 2 on a motorcycle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonBauer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Quest 2 on a motorcycle. Reply with quote

Hi All,

Bought the Garmin motorcycle mount kit http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10610%2D00

Am having several problems. I have both red and black wired to the correct battery terminal on my 05 zx6r.

1) I get a TON of static in the headphones. Seems to be tied to engine noise. At idle, the static goes away. Think it's a ground problem? I have the wired going directly to the battery post! Isn't that the best ground?

2) The Quest 2 keeps powering on and off in the cradle. Seems to be a problem between the device and the cradle as when I push on the device, the power seems to stay on. Anyone else have this problem?

Garmin is sending me a new mount kit, so maybe that will fix it. Does my experience ring any bells with anyone here?

- Thanx
- Jon
GPSHonda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, I'm looking at the Quest 1 0r 2, what happened next with your set up?
JonBauer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSHonda wrote:
Jon, I'm looking at the Quest 1 0r 2, what happened next with your set up?

I ended up returning the Quest and all the stuff I bought for it. I couldn't get it to work properly!

- Jon
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth I have tried several mounting options of the Quest on my R1150RT and have come to the rather obvious conclusion that the simplest is the best

For a fiver I have made a cheap mount assembly from aluminum rod that puts the GPS about 15ins in front of my face and just above the instruments line of sight

A RAM cradle and audio adapter came to about £25 and they are clamped to the mount assembly

Initially I used the RAM QPAC power/audio kit but found the combined weight made for vibration while the power source requirement was an unwanted complication and eyesore

Charging the Quest overnight, even on tour, is no hassle and with a curly audio cable going directly to my helmet speaker or in ear monitor there are no interference issues or complications with Autocoms etc
BrunoSoares
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm using a Touratech mount, connected also to a Autocom...see the pictures here

http://www.clubexxportugal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329

PS. Sorry for my english

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: