Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road angel and windscreen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road angel and windscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Road angel and windscreen Reply with quote

i have bought the road angel and tried it out but when placed where they recomend i keep loosing signal when it is facing out of the sunroof it is better and when placed on the roof it is better also

what is there that i can do as i really like it when it is working but is very annoying sometimes taking up to 20 minites to get a signal

please advise me!
fysmd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Road angel and windscreen Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a heat reflective windscreen - they also seem to reflect thr GPS signal. There is a separate thread on this subject.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fysmd
Regular Visitor

Here s the thread

[for some reason I can't edit my previous post..]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

ok thanks but how much is one of these re radiating aerials as i have seen them for about £70 but that seems a bit much after the £400 to get Road angel and £50 a year subscription when it doesnt even work

are there any cheaper ones???
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

Try the Re-Rads under the GPS reviews in the menu on the left?
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

ok thanks but has anyone got any pictures of one of these installed in the car so i could see what it looks like stuck on the top of the car thanks

also would any of these work with my road angel as far as i can see it will plug into the input for a external aerial on the back of it

is that right or am i way off???
grimbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have peugeot 307 with reflecting screen.

have mounted roadangel next to front quarter light window on drivers side using self adhesive velcro to hold it down

works a treat.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: